Doe's anyone know if any action is coming over ESA/Atos

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The only action I know about is people losing their benefits and thousands more will be losing theirs too. Victorian poverty here we come.

dj

Benefits rules are complex, and although I do try to inform and support people, I may get it wrong because the rules apply to individual claimants and their particular circumstances.

The only action I know about is people losing their benefits and thousands more will be losing theirs too. Victorian poverty here we come.

dj

here here dj,

The trouble is everyone knows this is going on and we have no one to fight our corner nowbody seems to be able to do nothing about this so to me it look like were going to suffer if we was in france at least they try and fight back to me the british let everyone walk all over us!

All of the following sites, amongst their interests and activities, are intent on fighting ESA/Atos by campaigning and protesting:

There's the militant no-to-welfare-abolition group opposing the government reforms and cuts in welfare, it combines many existing UK groups into a unified front. You have to sign up to this Google Group and after a few days you'll start receiving news about campaigns and demos via email: http://groups.google.com/group/no-to-welfare-abolition?hl=en

The Broken of Britain web-site (a word play of Cameron & Co's "Broken Britain") was set up following a "call to fight" type article entitled "A fight on their hands" written by Rhydian Fon James in the Guardian (21 October 2010). He was contacted by (amongst others) disabled rights campaigner Kaliya Franklin and they (with help from others) created the fully functional website on the 24 October and have 177 signed up members already. Watch Kaliya's videos on YouTube, she's no pushover and has media connections and clout (as does Rhydian). More articles in the Guardian written by Rhydian here.

There's another website worth following but unfortunately their billboard host slips an advert in at the bottom of each page and CAG rules about "commercials" might be broken if I posted the link. No problem if you join the "no-to-welfare-abolition group"because you'll find out about "CW" when the emailed news starts arriving in your inbox.

Best regards, Paul.

I'm not a qualified welfare rights adviser, but I'm planning on becoming one. I'm no substitute for more competent advice from trained CAB and welfare rights workers - [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/127741-benefits-advice.html"]see this post[/URL] by Joa, great advice and links! I've been running a Crisis Loan campaign and help since Jan 2007 . See my annotations c/o "theyworkforyou". I'm also currently interested by the recent DWP Medical Services reform and the effect this is having on valid claims, seriously - someone needs to be keeping a suicide count.

Hi all,

Doe's anyone know of any action coming over this farce they call ESA and ATOS it seems just talk and no sign of any progress.:-x

please post anything that might shead some light of our future.

Hi Kicking Us Off ESA, further to my previous post, I thought that this video may be informative:

I'll be back on CAG asap but my current focus is upon defying this un-elected excuse for a government re. benefits "reforms" and cuts which affect us. There's a good and competent team shaping up where I am now supporting. Re. ESA/Atos, Kaliya has done a vid:

75% of Incapacity Benefit Claimants are NOT being found fit for work

I'm not a qualified welfare rights adviser, but I'm planning on becoming one. I'm no substitute for more competent advice from trained CAB and welfare rights workers - [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/127741-benefits-advice.html"]see this post[/URL] by Joa, great advice and links! I've been running a Crisis Loan campaign and help since Jan 2007 . See my annotations c/o "theyworkforyou". I'm also currently interested by the recent DWP Medical Services reform and the effect this is having on valid claims, seriously - someone needs to be keeping a suicide count.

Cheers L Ranger.

I thought it was a good statement as to what is going on, i like the bit about that turncoat D Alexander that just sums up this whole situation.

well people we need our voices heard and quick.

good luck with your involvement re defying this un-elected excuse for a government re. benefits "reforms" and cuts which affect us. There's a good and competent team shaping up where I am now supporting.

keep us posted

The lady in the video has got all the facts right but I don't understand what the "75% are not being found fit for work" is.

dj

Benefits rules are complex, and although I do try to inform and support people, I may get it wrong because the rules apply to individual claimants and their particular circumstances.

Danny Alexander is the prime example of a Lib Dem. A turncoat.

dj