CP Plus parking notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4891 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I parked at Northampton services for 2hrs and 52 minutes on the 18th October whilst have a meeting with a colleague and also spending £30 on lunch. I have now received an £80 parking charge (£50 if I pay early) from CP plus for staying longer than the allocated 2 hours. The notice was sent to the fleet company (as its a company car and after gaining the registration info from the DVLA) who have apparently passed my details to CP Plus. CP Plus have not sent anything to me directly as yet.

I did not notice any signs informing of the restrictions, although I admit I was not looking for them as I was not intending the leave the car and would be using (and paying for) their facilities.

The parking charge states that they 'Holding photographic evidence to support this claim'.

I called the duty manager at Northampton Services and politely informed her of my dissapointment and asked her to get the charge cancelled. She declined to help but gave me details of her 'Site Director' who I have duly emailed asking him to cancel the charge. She also informed me that it will be at his 'discretion' if the charge is cancelled - although I am not holding my breath!

I have a real issue with paying these arbitary fines issued by dodgy companies supported by large organisations with complete disregard for their customers.

That said I would rather pay the £50 than get myself into loads of grief!

So I am wondering where I stand if I ignore the impneding notices and threatening letters - any advice appreciated.

thanks

Just ignore these clowns. You do not owe them a penny. And it's not a "fine", it's an unenforceable invoice.

You won't suffer any "grief", all that will happen is that you will receive some stupid, meaningless letters which can be disregarded.

Under what authority did the fleet management company pass on your private details to a third party without your authority?

Breach of Data Protection springs to mind.

IMHO they should have just forwarded the scamvoice for your attention as the PPC certainly cannot assume that the vehicle management company is liable.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Thanks for your comments.

My fleet company must have given CP Plus my address as I have now received the parking charge notice at my home address. I am now contemplating contacting the fleet company suggesting that they have no right to send my details to this company - comments appreciated.

I still have no intention of paying and will sit it out!