County court claim for Tuition fees

Redstar7

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3262 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Tuition Fee "debt"

Hello i have just recieved in the post a county court claim from my old uni via a solictor. The claim is for just under £5000.

I first of all sent a letter to STA GRAYDON after they started to send threatening letters in the post to me. I sent a template letter from this website which basically told them to prove the debt or do not contact me again. This worked i have not heard from this DCA since the end of July.

Now i get a county court claimlink3.gif made against me from the uni through a solicitor called "Michael T Hadfield" which i have never heard from before, but they are based in Kent.

POC Reads: By a written agreement made on or about 9 September 2009 the Claimant and the Defendant agreed that the Claimant should perform certain services for the Defendant, namely provide university tuition,accommodation and associated services ('the services') in consideration of the sum of £6197.34 ('the contract price') full particulars of which have been given by invoces as set out below:

SEE ATTATCHED

Claimant is claiming 8% interest also plus £4316.88

How do i deal with this? i dispute the claim entirely!

I also have virtually no net worth anyway.

Where should i start, i believe i have 14 days to respond to this claim?

In the documents sent there was no agreement with my signature which states i owe this debt, which i do not owe, so can i say the smae thing, prove the debt exists or go away as i did with the DCA?

Edited by Redstar7

Fight for your Rights!

:-x

BUT you signed up for the course!! There fees were documented and you took a place on the course.

What would happen if everyone signed up, couldn't pay and just gave the course up??

Simple answer, you took a place costing xxxxx, you pay for that place. I don't think you have a leg to stand on.

Jogs

Shall i give them all my blood too? These people wil claim my soul if they could, i intend to defend and would like a CAG to provide some useful adivse to me please.

Thankyou

Fight for your Rights!

Shall i give them all my blood too? These people wil claim my soul if they could, i intend to defend and would like a CAG to provide some useful adivse to me please.

Thankyou

You can give them what you want.

You asked for advise, you got advise. Just because you don't like the answer it does not make it 'BAD' advise.

You signed a contract for a years tuition, you pay for a years tution. That place could have gone to someone that was going to do the full year and pay the full fees. You stopped that from happening.

You can defend until the end of time, BUT no Judge in the Country is going to find this one in your favour.

Sorry if thats not what you want to hear.

Jogs

Yes i will give them what i want: nothing

Actually i wanted advice not advise but thats neither here nor there; obviously if you were a judge i know which way you would rule. Thankfully you are not, its a shame there is no one else interested posting in my thread.

Oh and i will defend from fraudulant claims until the end of time you can believe that.

To all readers of this thread I will post my updates when they occur

Fight for your Rights!

• 1 year later...

The advice given on this thread it really bad. If there is no signed contract, there is no debt. The idea if you went on a course, you owe the money is wrong. If they put miss sell you a course that is wrong and you drop out, you should not be expected to pay for the whole course.

If they pursue someone through the civil courts, the first thing to ask them is PROOF of the debt. If they cannot produce a contract there is no debt.

This is a bit of an old thread, so I would be interested to know what happened. I do not think the fees will have been paid.