LLoyds cant find Loan CCA

rhino666
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The 'truth' will be in the letter, 'acting for' 'our clients' etc. will mean the debt belongs to another company, not necessarily the OC.

An outright 'claim' to the debt may mean it has been sold.

If there is no Agreement, and you have this in writing you could always send the 'bemused' letter to the latest to write to you:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...lection-agency

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A 1000's thank yous. I'm in the process of going through the FOS appeal ( for good that's going to do ! ) for a complaint against a bank that has said they don't have my CCA yet passed it across to DCA after it went through their in house collection dept.

Good piece of info in the link.

The OC is claiming they're only obliged to keep CCA for 6 years. this I'm sure is the Minimum not the Max, so they're trying to pull a fast one then passed it to a DCA for my troubles of asking where it is.

I'm pretty sure the original letter from the DCS says "Acting for"

Not that i don't wish to believe that but that statement reiterates what I said.they don't have meaning they can if they so wish hold them for longer and banks DO. Banks can hold records for dozens of years if they wish to.

Just found this

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?32853-How-long-does-your-bank-keep-statements

Edited by rhino666

• 10 months later...

Could anyone please clarify how many times you're supposed to submit the £1 for CCA to a bank especially after they say they don't have it!!!. I've just been asked for it a second time and told if I don't pay it they'll close the complaint!!

Have this documented, sent via recorded delivery and the extra £1 deducted from the alleged total.

As far as I'm aware I pay once.

If this banks to shut down my complaint that's their problem not mine. My whole sorry saga was handed back to them from a DCA who had no CCA ( was pointed out in a letter ) The bank insist I need to pay again with a credit card and an account no as none was specified!!

Well if they didn't have an account No how did they write to me because I never put an address no or name down , just a a/c No

I tempted to ignore it and see what they do... or who they pass it to next( which they're not allowed to do )

and they've even told me

PO box 12304

Edinburgh

EH12 9DX

will supply the CCA

No mention of it's the same bank or different Co

Surely that's their job not mine. I've done my bit.

Who did you send the original request to?

If the original creditor then you should only need to pay once.

If the account had been passed to a DCA who failed to provide and it was then passed on to another DCA then the situation does become a bit frustrating.

IMHO, (assuming it was a DCA) they should have sent both the £1.00 and the request to the Original creditor to supply. However, it looks as though the legal fee has been deducted from the account. That is up to them.. however, you should have made it clear in your request that the £1.00 was for the supply of the CCA only. Because that could affect any statute barred timing.

If you have proof that the request was received then you should simply point out that the monies were sent and received and they are now obliged to provide the document you requested.

If you send the fee in the form of a postal order, you can check that it was cashed by telephoning :

01246 542091

Who are the bank and who was the DCA

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Read all about BCOBS and then decide how you want to approach your complaint

The bank is LLoyds and the DCA is credit security and the original £1 was sent to their (Lloyds) collections dept as cash , but like I said it was sent recorded delivery and the deduction of £ is there on a statement. so it can all be backed up.

Sure their bad administration is not my problem if I can prove I've obeyed the law

and I made it PERFECTLY clear in the letter requesting a CCA. and if they close the complaint down that's their problem. As said ... they've admitted they don't have it the CCA in writing!

Read all about BCOBS and then decide how you want to approach your complaint

The thing is I haven't made a complaint. I merely laid down the law with the DCA stating they shouldn't be processing anything without a valid CCA , who then passed it to Lloyds as a complaint( from what I've received they haven't even supplied the bank with the full letter.

Complaints don't appear to get looked at in Banks, they're glossed over by some clerk who knows very little then farmed out to DCA.

Could someone clarify that I'm right in not needing to pay a second time if I have evidence of paying the first time.

Ah, why am I not surprised that it is LTSB ?

Ok, what has happened to your £1.00 is that you have sent it to the "Collections Department". You should have sent your CCA request to the head office address.

When you send anything to the CD, that has money attached.. they separate the money from the letter. The letter - if it even arrived at the department that deals with CCA requests, would now be minus the fee ?

Perhaps you should now make an OFFICIAL COMPLAINT and start the ball rolling. Send to the Head Office/Registered address and mark it Official Complaint.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

As the Collection Dept is part of Lloyds and it's clear letter what the money is for , surely their admin is at fault rather than me being at fault, It was the collections dept that were dealing with me in the first place. + if there is no CCA as they themselves have said in writing surely the last thing in the world I want, or anyone else wants, is a CCA giving them the right to take me to court. Yes I am trying to avoid paying but I'm doing so for a damn good reason.... I NEVER withdrew the funds and was NEVER supplied a CCA in the first place which is what they're supossed to do in the first place . I have all my statements to back this up ... but LLoyds don't want to take notice of this. EVEN when I've supplied them with the statements saying ... "where has this money gone" with everything underlined in red..... No reply! Ombudsman....he couldn't careless when I pointed it out.

If I'd withdrawn money they'd have a point, but I didn't, I left the money they shut down the ac and said you owe us !!!!

No one is suggesting that you are at fault. Just pointing out what happened and yes, I agree that they should have known what it was for. However, you are now left with a mess that unless cleared up could possibly create further problems down the line. And why should you not expect redress for the hassle that you have been caused ?

To obtain that redress though, you are going to have to make a complaint and follow it up.

BankFodder has 5 articles in respect of BCOBs (which he mentions above) in CAG magazine. They are well worth reading and taking forward.

BCOBS

:), Just yell if you need any help ..

BCOBS