O2 are they responsible for the amount of fraud?

firuzabad

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Tuesday morning I received a mobile bill from O2 for £51.00. I do not have an account with O2 and never have.But wait, at the beginning of the month I was phoning around the mobile companies to see if I could maybe get a better deal from another provider,I'm with Vodafone.I spoke with O2 several times and all they could do is match what I already have with Vodafone, so i stayed with Vodafone, however over the next couple of days I received numerous unwanted calls from O2 in the end having to be quite firm with them, and telling them where to go!

The bill I received was a reminder?. I have never received any other letter or bill or confirmation of account from O2.I contact O2 immediately they say its fraud and the details will be passed to their fraud office, and that the fraud office will phone me within the next 24 hours.I have not received the call Yet.

I checked my credit report but nothing from O2 has been checked, so am I to assume that someone claiming to be me open an account in my name with the correct address and correct DOB, and O2 just open an account something smells very fishy to me, seeing that my personal details are always shredded or burnt.

I would like some feed back to see what my next move should be and if this has happened to anyone else??????

Of course this sort of thing has happened to other people, impersonation fraud is fairly regular in the UK, if that is what this is, not some sort of mistake or overzealous contract connected by 02's sales people.

Your next move is to wait for O2 to write off the disputed amount and close the account, beyond that there is nothing else you can do unless you wish to pay for a CIFAS entry on your credit file.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi firuzabad,

Although your thread is unrelated to your airtime account with us I'm happy to offer whatever assistance I can here in order to help with getting this resolved.

So I can try to follow this up for you could you email the details across to me by following the details in our pinned thread here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems?

Once you've sent it you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Could you update the thread with this and I'll come back to you as quickly as I can?

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK