Bryan Carter Solicitors LLP

tufnell
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4875 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently moved home and today received a letter from Bryan Carter Solicitors LLP saying:

"We have made enquiries for confirmation of your current place of residence. Information has been received confirming that your address details have changed to this address.

Due to data protection legislation details of the account are not included in this letter.

Please call us immediately on 0845 31333128 quoting the above reference for more information."

As I have a few debts that I am now wanting to clear, when I am able, I called them simply to find out who they were representing. I am aware that calling these people is not recommended but I never intended to enter into any agreement today and made that clear at the start of the call. The person I spoke to confirmed who the money is owed to and the amount, but despite me asking numerous times to put these details in writing for my records, to enable me to review them and write to them with a payment plan, he refused saying "we don't do that kind of thing." Further to this, he said that as I was asking for the letter, he was taking that as me refusing to make any payments and would recommend that further action would be taken within 14 days.

I was wondering if someone could help me understand where I stand with this now and what the next step is I can take.

Thank you in advance :)

Guest Cartaphilus
You could wait till they send something in writing. They can’t go off issuing court claims on the back of a speculative letter and a phone call.

So who is the 'money owed to' ie creditor? Can you say?

Guest Cartaphilus
So who is the 'money owed to' ie creditor? Can you say?

Fourteen viewing, sorry. The forum has a different layout on a phone.

The person I spoke to confirmed who the money is owed to and the amount, but despite me asking numerous times to put these details in writing for my records, to enable me to review them and write to them with a payment plan, he refused saying "we don't do that kind of thing." Further to this, he said that as I was asking for the letter, he was taking that as me refusing to make any payments and would recommend that further action would be taken within 14 days.

Next time ask the clown how on earth will they comply with pre-action protocol if they "do not do that type of thing"? Maybe he does not realsie that he will not be able to go to court unless he does "that type of thing"!!

Anyway, Carter HATES resistance, resist it and he cannot run away quick enough!!!

“We believe Capital One Law takes privilege over UK Law” – Sven Lagerberg – Capital One.

-----------------

By supplying ALL the documents WILL NOT answer your questions but by supplying a SELECTIVE few will. – Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Separate requests with a fee should be made to ALL relevant Data Controllers in an organisation. - Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Our t&c's overrides ICO guidelines when reporting to CRA's - Karon A Bullock - Capital One

Ah good old RBS, don't forget we, the public, own 84% of RBS! People in glass houses and all that, they should concentrate on keeping their finances in order before threatening people and using foolish Sols such as Bryan Bloody Carter!

100% Guarantee that he will not do anything in the next 14 days, possibly send out some of his threatening letters, all of which can be laughed at, as already said, as soon as you put him to strict proof to provide any evidence to the alleged debt, he drops it like a ton of bricks. Chancer, you MUST report the foolish man to the new Legal Ombudsman, and help get this man disbarred.

http://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Ah good old RBS, don't forget we, the public, own 84% of RBS! People in glass houses and all that, they should concentrate on keeping their finances in order before threatening people and using foolish Sols such as Bryan Bloody Carter!

100% Guarantee that he will not do anything in the next 14 days, possibly send out some of his threatening letters, all of which can be laughed at, as already said, as soon as you put him to strict proof to provide any evidence to the alleged debt, he drops it like a ton of bricks. Chancer, you MUST report the foolish man to the new Legal Ombudsman, and help get this man disbarred.

So do you recommend that the best thing to do is ignore him for now? I took the card out after April 2007, but is it still worth sending a CCA request at any point? Is this what you mean by strict proof, or is there something else?

Hi Chancer, Carters came after me and the advice on here is correct. Resist him. In my case, because of the insistence of court action in his letters, I hit him with a CPR request - within a week he had returned the account to the OC.

Dont be concerned over the title "solicitor" - hes only a plastic one!:lol:

He is what we call a 'solicitor for rent' in that he uses his legal title to pursue debts on behalf of clients. He has been known to do all sorts of things wrong and get away with it.

Sadly several other legal firms seem to take this same line. He is not likely to go to court himself and usually sends little local people along if a case does slip past his scruitny.

We have had many successes against him here.

Ignore him, data protection is a phrase banded around by those who have zero knowledge of what it is and what they are saying.

Reading between the lines, he is basically saying, that he is unable to divulge the nature of his threat letter because he has no idea whether he is corresponding with the correct person, therefore can you ring him whereby he will get you to do his dirty work for him and lead you into a trap by confirming that he has got the right or wrong person, thus cutting down on the amount of cash he has to fork out for his shady questionable business.

File the letter & envelope under ignore, make a formal complaint about this poor poor man to the link I posted above, and wait and see what other threats he sends to add to the growing number of nails in his coffin!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 weeks later...

An update:

I sent a CCA request to Bryan Carter on Tuesday 2nd and have today received my £1 postal order back with a ‘With Compliments’ slip from Fredrickson International. The slip read “The enclosed payment has been returned as your account is now closed with us. Please contact your client direct”.

Where do I stand with this now? They obviously haven’t provided me with the CCA, so will the account still be in dispute after the relevant timeframe or is that not the case as the account is closed with them and the postal order returned? If I hear from another DCA about this, would I have to send another CCA request or an ‘Account In Dispute’ letter?

P.S. – Thanks for your help so far!

When you put the CCA request in, Carter’s first duty was to pass the request up the chain. He possibly has not – or he has, and his client closed off the action by Carter.

Either way, the clock is running. A legitimate claim was lodged, and that letter from Carter is your proof. Keep it handy in case another DCA comes out of the slime.

Given this is for a card taken out after April 2007, though, I’m surprised he has backed down. Should really be an easy one, to be honest, even for a useless lump like Carter.

You should expect further contact from either RBS (or an in-house) or a DCA.

Still send the 'account in dispute' letter when the time scale for reply has expired and keep a record of all correspondence. If anyone else contacts you you can inform them that the account was placed in dispute with Bryan Carter on whatever date - bye, bye.

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

You MUST make a formal complaint about Bryan 'bloody' Carter to these lot..http://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/

• 2 weeks later...

I have now had a reply from Bryan Carter dated November 8th saying 'Please note that we are no longer instructed in connection with this matter and have returned the account to our client'. The 12+2 days for the CCA request expires on 22nd November, so do I still need to send Bryan Carter the Account in Dispute letter on the 23rd, despite him saying in the letter that he is no longer dealing with it? What do I do if I hear from RBS or another DCA before the 12+2 days is up and therefore the letter has not yet been sent? Is it still Bryan Carter that I have to send the Account in Dispute letter to?

Thanks again

Did he go or was he pushed?

Seems to be a growing trend of this cardboard cutout "solicitor" being pulled from cases...

:eyebrows:

like the fat little tw*t he is he probably run away to his mommy saying the big people keep picking on me!!!!!!!!!!! whOOOOOOOOOO whOOOOOOOOOOOOOO whOOOOOOOOOOO.

Did he go or was he pushed?

Seems to be a growing trend of this cardboard cutout "solicitor" being pulled from cases...

:eyebrows:

Yep, just chalenged him regarding the CrapOne account, quickly received a letter from CrapOne he is no longer valid!!

It is the 4th time in my case than he is running!!! He better pick up speed because the Wasted Cost Order is coming after him!!

“We believe Capital One Law takes privilege over UK Law” – Sven Lagerberg – Capital One.

-----------------

By supplying ALL the documents WILL NOT answer your questions but by supplying a SELECTIVE few will. – Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Separate requests with a fee should be made to ALL relevant Data Controllers in an organisation. - Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Our t&c's overrides ICO guidelines when reporting to CRA's - Karon A Bullock - Capital One