Claimform/ Link/GE capital/woodchester

elrib
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4480 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Ref old debt that Link was assigned to back in 2006/7 after being passed round a few DCA.

I did start paying Link some small payment as I belive them that all documents were in order, but could not remember ever signing an agreement.

After coming to this site I stated to do some of my own checking, ie CCA and put the account into dispute, and stop paying them until sorted.

To cut this short, letters were sent back and forward and all I have from them is a unreadable copy of an agreement which has what looks like my signature on it, and a unreadble copy of TC which are for an HP agreement not a loan.

Now I have had a letter Before Action from them. They also say as I sent them mony I have acknowleded the debt so I can not dispute it, not sure if this is right.

Now as I said I can,t remember ever signing the Agreement and after going though all of my old papers I found the Original Agreement complete with two copy,s all still in the letter that they came in.

These were not sign. So I have the original with no signature so not sure how they came up with a so call copy.

Also I have a copy of the DN dated 4 july to be remedy before the 18th july.

I then got a letter dated the 19th july saying Default notice has expired and payment for a arrears need to be payed within 7 days.

Then got a letter dated the 24th july tell me to pay full balance in 5 days.

Now as it seems that they will now take action I would like to get some feed back on how I should proceed.

Thanking you in advance.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Ref ; old debt that Link was assigned to back in 2006/7 after being passed round a few DCA

I did start paying Link some small payment as I believe them that all documents were in order, but could not remember ever signing an agreement.

After coming to this site I stated to do some of my own checking, i.e. CCA and put the account into dispute, and stop paying them until sorted.

To cut this short, letters were sent back and forward and all I have from them is a unreadable copy of an agreement which has what looks like my signature on it, and a unreadable copy of TC which are for an HP agreement not a loan.

Now I have had a letter before action from them. They also say as I sent them money I have acknowledged the debt so I can not dispute it, not sure if this is right.

Now as I said I can’t remember ever signing the Agreement and after going though all of my old papers I found the Original Agreement complete with two copy’s all still in the letter that they came in.

These were not sign. So I have the original with no signature so not sure how they came up with a so call copy.

Also I have a copy of the DN dated 4 July to be remedy before the 18th July.

I then got a letter dated the 19th July saying Default notice has expired and payment for a arrears need to be paid within 7 days.

Then got a letter dated the 24th July tells me to pay full balance in 5 days.

Now as it seems that they will now take action I would like to get some feed back on how I should proceed.

Thanking you in advance.

Edited by citizenB
duplicated post

your img code is not working tonight.

scan your sheets/agreement

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc but leave all figures and dates.

goto one one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

browse to your pdf file and upload it

hit close this windows at the bottom below upload it box

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, you should be able to upload more documents. If you find you have exceeded the allowance then you may have to use an image hosting site such as photobucket.

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Alternatively you will need to make your pdfs slightly smaller.

I see the Default Notice was issued in 2006 - this would have only allowed you 7 days to remedy the breach. Did you actually receive it ?

Do Link own the debt or has GE assigned it to them at some stage. In which case you need to see the Notice of Assignment. I guess you did receive it otherwise why would you have been making payments to them:-(

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

i think they are just chancing their arm before it becomes SB'ed.

per i'd ignore them.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ps try scanning in a low resolution, no need for 6Mb files

dx

and they

What was the date of the last payment to the account, it looks like 06/07 in which case unfortunately you are a long way from SB, although you can still dispute it

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Hi all thanks for input

After reading abit more on this site.

If I know that Link does not have a copy of the original agreement as I have it and never sign it, and the dates on the default notice makes it invalid, would it now be wise to just send a letter to Link and tell them or would this cause me more problems.

Would like to get to them before they take this to courts.

El.

link rarely do court - but be careful

i think its just an attempt to fleeced you before it goes statute barred.

which i think is closer than you think

dx

and they

yep but this could also be contrude as a payment made under duress,

i think you might well find that link know this fact too well and know they conned you then. they had no paperwork and are now back peddling.

dx

and they

thanks dx,

would it be best then to just wait and see if they carry out they threat of court action. the last letter on got from them which was dated the 28th say that County Court Proceedings will now be issued without further notice, mine you it also say to prevent this action pay up within 14 days.

El

bet it don't......

it will be littered with the words:

if, could, might, maybe, should, instructed. etc etc

read it again

dx

and they

std threat-o-gram

lots of if's and maybe's in there if you read it carefully.

pers i'd ignore them.

IF it ever got to court it would be easily set aside with the info you have .

dx

and they

• 2 months later...

Hi all Need some advise on how to proceed with this lot.

Received court papers for an loan agreement was Capital Woodchester but now sold to Assett Link,

I have never signed a agreement this is facted, although they did send a unreadable copy of a agreement with what looks like my name on it. I have proof that I did not sign any agreement.

The DN which was sent also only allowed 14 days which after reading some of the threads on here makes this faulty,

The POC on the Claim form is as follows.

The Claimant claims all sums due upon the termination of an agreement made between GE Capital Woodchester and the Defenant in writing and opened 21/02/2005. The Agreement was terminated after the Defendants had failed to comply with the terms of the Ageement and the Default Notice served upon them on 05/10/2006. The agreement has benn legally assigned to the Claimant by way of deed of assignment with an effective date 16/10/2006 and made rergular upon the claimant serving a Notice of Assignment upon the Defendant shortly therafter. The Agreement is regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Date 22/10/2010

Thanks in advance for any advise on how to proceed,

Elrib

If this is a Northampton Claim Elrib you have 33 days in total process.5 deemed served Remaining 28, 14 to AoS (Acknowledgment of Service) this can be done on line, register with MCOL.

There is a code and password on the summons.Another 14 days to submit your defence should you wish to defend it.

Can I recommend not admitting any liability for the debt, partial or otherwise. If the credit agreement has not been provided by the Claimant as the result of a CCA request, then you have no way of ascertaining if the contract is legally valid under the CCA 1974. In the absence of this information, you are unwisely, in my opinion, admitting liability for a debt, that hasn't been proven to exist or one that conforms to the requirements of the CCA 1974.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Default notice served on 5th October, and the account sold just 11 days later? That means the account was live when it was sold. Has the account ever actually been terminated other than by the issue of this claim?

Hi All

Thanks for input need all the help I can get.

I did the AOS online yesterday and will defend all of this claim.

As for the DN they have the dates wrong in the POC. So they will not beable to produce a DN with that date. not sure if that is relevant.