Can a DCA still send payment demands after being CCA`d?

johnsi7

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3929 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After some letters back and forth between myself and Fairfax solicitors I was advised to send a CCA request regarding the money they are chasing on several accounts. I sent the CCA request by recorded delivery and it arrived at their office at 11.00am on the 20th October. I have received a letter from them today dated 26th October demanding settlement of the full amount. Can they do this?

Guest Cartaphilus

Let's see ... Depends how specific you want me to be. They are generated letters, so yes they can as every other DCA out there also does the same. Like I said, they rely on people's ignorance.

Guest Cartaphilus

I meant ignorant in the fact the DCA (which Fairfax is) rely on you not knowing that once you have requested your CCA all collection activity should cease until they have supplied you with it.

Oh, I see. Thank you. Do you think I should write to them and point this out? If so, are there any template letters? The debts are from a failed IVA. Total £15k. A relative offered me a lump sum to pay off all debts total £20k. I foolishly offered Fairfax £5475 + the money my IVA practitioner had ( just over £1k ). They said they would accept just over £9k which I simply haven`t got.