Spanish villa rental agent reluctant to return deposit back..???

spiceboy36

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3920 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure which forum this post should be in but thought this one would be a good starter..

Over a month ago I rented a villa in Spain to go over and play golf with 4 friends. I choose one we all liked over the internet which was English owned but had a local rental agency based in the North-west of England.

We agreed a price for the stay but he insisted on a 250 Pound deposit for damages! I gave him my card details and he took the deposit out before I left for Spain. I wasn't happy with this arrangement but though as it was Five guy's going over maybe he was concerned there may be some form of damage?

Luckily the keyholder in Spain was very nice and agreed to look over the place as we left to make sure all was in order and it was, as I had my own apartment in the area for 7 years which i rented so i know what its like renting.

A few days after we got home I rang the agent and told him all was well and he agreed to return my deposit, although he said he had just came out of hospital with a trapped nerve in his back and would return it as soon as he got back in work??

I email, ring his office and still have no joy, the girl at the office says he is still off sick and will pass a message, I asked if she or anybody else for that matter would be able to return it and she said he dealt with the villa we stayed in and it was one of his?. :-x

Andy idea's where I go from here?