Lost V5 selling the car

hallowitch
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have turned my house upside down and cant find the v5 for my car

son myself and daughter all chipped in last year and bought a car for myself and daughter to use when son was using mine

car is registered in my name insured in my name with daughter named driver as time went by she stated driving it more and paying less towards its up keep so Ive told her V5 going in her name she can insure road tax and put petrol in it

problem is i cant find the v5 and its insurance is up on Saturday

can she insure it in her name before i get the new v5 doing it on-line so hopefully it will be here Monday/Tuesday

Why would you have needed to find the V5 to organise insurance anyway? You don't show/give/send the V5 to the insurance company when paying the premium.

:lol: got myself into a bit of a flap there didn't I wasn't quite sure if daughter could insure the car in her name while the v5 was still in my name

:lol: got myself into a bit of a flap there didn't I wasn't quite sure if daughter could insure the car in her name while the v5 was still in my name

Yes you can. For many years, whilst running 2 or more cars in my household, they would be showing me as the RK, but one would be insured in my name, the other in my wife's name. Currently I am the RK on my daughter's car, but she insures it as she is the main driver. I think (most) insurance companies accept that this is often the case within households