Fairfax Solicitors

Avinitlarge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3679 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Ive gotten myself into a deep hole and don't know how to get out of it.

In April last year I lost my job after having time off when my Mum died. Since then I have had no job. I am now on JSA and I have 3 credit cards and various bills. I have a Barclaycard which I am paying £50 per month but have missed most of the payments on my other 2 cards. One is a Captital one credit card and the other is a Paypal (Santander) credit card. About a year ago I used the last of my savings and took as much as possible from my paypal and capital one credit cards to pay Cartel £495 to clear my credit cards, What a mistake that was. Anyway...

Ive now started receiving letter from Fairfax solicitors about my Paypal (Santander) card basically saying they want there money back, I've also received letters from another company about my Capital one card. What do I do??

TIA

Paul

Hi avin

Welcome to CAG.

Firstly, have you had any Penalty Charges applied to any of these Credit Cards over the last 6 years plus? Have you been mis-sold PPI on any of these Credit Cards?

You need to send a CCA Request with a postal order of £1. They have 14 days to respond to your request, if they fail to respond with the correct docummentation

the account can be put into dispute until they comply. All templates can be found in the library.

When they respond, set up a thread for each creditor, scan, post removing all personal details, the guys can then tell if the

agreements are unenforceable and what action to take next.

Guest Cartaphilus
I have a Barclaycard which I am paying £50 per month but have missed most of the payments on my other 2 cards. One is a Captital one credit card and the other is a paypal

Your on JSA, like you said ... £50 a month?? And you said you'd used up all your savings. I think in your situation it would be sensible to be paying them £1 a month, stick with it. And also do as Rebel suggested ASAP, get your CCAs off them. Up to you if you want to continue paying them £50 per month to one card, but sensibly that is one HELL of an amount out of less than £250 when considering other priority debts (which you will have like CTX or any rent you may be paying). What I am saying is you need to be a bit more realistic with what you can afford to pay them. NOT what they may or may not have told you you must.

• 8 months later...

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.