Yes Car Credit & Go Debt Again - Abroad

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3621 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Reading previous forums which has been interesting to say the least. I have a poser, also regarding Yes Car and Go Debt. Maybe others could shed some light on my/my wife's position.

She took a car loan out with YCC on 22/11/2004 and ultimately returned the car not long after. She has since not heard anything till beginning part of this year where they started to send letters to her mum's address advising the settlement of the outstanding loan balance. We do not live in the UK at present and therefore following checks on GD we decided to ignore the letters and have them sent back to GD declaring we no longer reside in the country or at that address. They have since continued on a sporadic basis to keep issuing letters to the same address, non of which I believe have been threatening and upon which my wife's mum has returned them straight back to GD.

She has now recently received an annual statement from GD for 01/10/2009 to 01/10/2010 requesting the balance be settled.

Questions:

a) Does the 6 year rule apply and if so will they continue to persist after this?

b) Does this in anyway have an impact on my wife's mum and the house? ie is she liable and can they recover against the house if it gets that far?

c) Would welcome advice on how to proceed further. We can request a copy of the original credit agreement using the templates provided but ultimately if this leads to them issuing an SD it is highly unlikely we would be able to attend the court hearing.

d) With reference to c above, I am assuming that her agreement will be similar to the majority if not all the others taken out with YCC.

I would gratefully appreciate any advice and help on the matter.

Thanks

if no payment or acknowledge in the last six years then yes, it will be statute barred

the ycc agreements are no more than bog roll

my tally so far

yes car--0

postggj 24

says it all realy

i would send them the statute barred template

when was the last time you checked your credit files to see if godebt are on them before we continue

Hi,

Thanks for the post, seems promising. As far as the credit files go I'm pretty sure that she has never checked them or at least for the last 4 years anyway.

Just tried an on-line experian check but cannot get past the credit card details section as she has never had a bank or credit card. Do not ask how she got YCC to approve her loan. Suppose that says it all really!

My initial biggest concern is that there could be some comeback on my wife's mum and her place. Is that possible?

Do I need to send the Statute Barred or will they just cease at the end of the six years. The 6 years is up end of november this year.

there will be no come back on your wifes mother it is not her debt so she need not worry...they probably will not desist even after 6 years..there is nothing to stop them asking for money..however

once the 6 years are up you can tell them to simply take a hike and they must....if it is now 6 years then suggest you send them the statute barred