Water company bill - do I have to pay it if there is no contract between us?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3932 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry if this post is controversial, I can't think of another way to phrase it.

I have received a water bill for the property I am in.

By my understanding if I don't have a contract with the water company they have no legal recourse to claim I owe them money. Is this correct?

When I moved into this property I contacted the electric and gas company and began a contract with them but I never contacted the water company (I have my own views about water companies charging for a necessity to human life - especially when said necessity is also medicated with fluoride without my consent).

I have never contacted the water company, and they have never contacted me apart from the odd "The Occupier" letter threatening disconnection on the grounds that this is an empty property with a number to call which goes straight through to the debt collection firm (in this case Call Serve Limited).

Am I in a position to fight the company because with no contract in place there can be no breach of contract and therefore no case to answer with regards to threatened court action?

Also I read somewhere* that I can argue that I should not pay for my water because it is fluoridated for health reasons which makes it a medicine. As I do not pay for medicines I can refuse to pay on that ground too and the government itself will then become liable for the cost. Is that correct?

* link: legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2005/920/schedule/1/paragraph/2/made - specifically the part about indemnity.