• Tweets

• I am aware of this treatment. Field Debt Solutions approached me at my door claiming to have a warrant of entry, (one of many lies they used) they KNEW I was classed as vulnerable prior to the visit. This was (later found out by The Ombudsman) allegedly to install a pre payment meter (They know I can not use one). Long story short: I was threatened with criminal damage, the police and them not moving till I let them in. They stated they had a warrant, they did not. One FDS employee was waving a crowbar and smiling, the other was basically terrorising me through the window. I complained to EON and all that they did was lie further, covered up their behaviours After contacting the OMBUDSMAN all the truth came out. I am totally disgusted with the way this company operate. I am equally disgusted that the Ombudsman ere not taking any of the FDS Employees behaviours into account (yet all my claims were upheld) this feels like this section of the whole process is left wide open and that's why this is happening imho. The Ombudsman made me feel like they work for EON, (when it came to the consideration of the employees from FDS, they seemed immune to scrutiny) a very confusing and shocking experience when the penny drooped. I have looked at CISA (?) whom are some sort of organisation who debt collection agencies register with (no idea what for) anyway, FDS are not registered, I can not find them anywhere, they are like some sort of enigma and this is where i am thinking how they are protecting themselves from scrutiny and people gaining remedy from them. I also witnessed a EON employee telling me that "FDS do not have to answer anyone," they would not give me any way of complaining directly to them as is the Gov's advice before A Small Claims Tract. I am just making sure now that I record all my efforts to do what I can to give a chance for FDS to attempt to put right what they did to me. I have witnesses and I intend to take them to court. EON has damned them and all the info they provided shows how messed up and disgusting they are, I seriously have witnessed staff laughing at me on the phone when I am trying to tell them what happened. I t seems if you do not pay a bill (in my case this was out of my hands) Then your deserving of what seems to me an inside laugh as the know how we (the vulnerable) get treated when FDS turn up, yes, very much felt this and challenged one employee once.. I have spoken to a Solicitor and they are happy  to do something for me over this. Also the police were phoned by myself even though they threatened me with police "To Help Them Take My DOOR OF ITS HINGES" The police did turn up, they told me that they rarely ever turn up for these idiots as the FDS and others attempt to use the police through bull crapping them. They also said go through a few hoops and if your not happy come back to them, I have a mobile number as they said that a crime number would come after I have exhausted the other moves. They do not like these Debt People one bit, that was comforting. Sorry if this is a little all over but it was all over complexed (I can see why now) but  just wanted to share my experiences and I will be happy to share further if anyone needs to know. I am still wondering what to do but one thing is for sure, I will not be going away, EVER! good luck
    • what does it say if the claimant fails please?
    • Thanks for the feedback.  We have a professional surveyor friend who is willing to give an opinion, and once done as you say, there's no reason not to inform insurers. And as Eric's brother says, that will also give us, hopefully, a more specific discussion with neighbours. No, we can't view the neighbour's roofing from where we are, and neither can they as it's under their conservatory (we always thought it was a bad move on their part to cover felting with a conservatory!) Interesting that council have enforcement powers, hadn't realised that.  I've also had a builder advise, without visiting the site, that the dividing wall (which may be double-skinned) should have waterproof capping, which it doesn't; so maybe a simple solution is to install that across top of both sides.  Anyway, some next steps for us to take so thanks again.
    • un-en doesn't mean its written off but SB'd passing does.. and no why should you get the money??   they are notional charges that weren't paid by you anyway in the 1st place as there is was outstanding balance greater than the refund.
    • If WFH is what leaves people feeling unsupported then I completely agree that's not good.  I wonder if some organisations were better at keeping communication open, managing the situation and making their employees still feel supported and included.  It's likely there have been lessons learned.
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
mancdude

Greenwoods "Fresh Start" Advice

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3577 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

Received a letter today from Greenwoods stating that they are taking over an old debt from Provident. This debt is 4 years old now and although this isn't an excuse for non payment, the debt was taken out at the time for my sister who never paid it back. Silly, because it was in my name due to her already owing them money.

However, I have moved address twice since the loan was taken out, and I have not had any contact with Provident since 2006. I have received a 'fresh start' letter from Provident at this address last year, to which I ignored. Now Greenwoods are stating that 'an agent will call round to discuss' making a fresh start and thus signing a new agreement. Can they do this if they have no absolute proof I am the debtor, bearing in mind I've not once contacted them?

Thanks

Hi manc

Because the debt was taken out in your name, it's your debt. If the debt collectors calls don't speak to them, you want all communication in writing. Don't sign anything. You could send the following letter and see what they say:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?428-General-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?441-If-you-do-receive-a-doorstep-visit-we-give-these-suggestions-to-Members.

Later if they prove that it's your debt, you can send a CCA Request, also claim back all Penalty charges on the account.

Hi all,

Received a letter today from Greenwoods stating that they are taking over an old debt from Provident. This debt is 4 years old now and although this isn't an excuse for non payment, the debt was taken out at the time for my sister who never paid it back. Silly, because it was in my name due to her already owing them money.

However, I have moved address twice since the loan was taken out, and I have not had any contact with Provident since 2006. I have received a 'fresh start' letter from Provident at this address last year, to which I ignored. Now Greenwoods are stating that 'an agent will call round to discuss' making a fresh start and thus signing a new agreement. Can they do this if they have no absolute proof I am the debtor, bearing in mind I've not once contacted them?

Thanks

Hi md

I've highlighted two parts from your post as they seem to contradict each other ???

If as you say the loan was taken out in your name then they are contacting the aleged debtor and this leads to the second comment for again if your name is on the contract you have "contacted" them even though it may not actually been you that filled in the application (As in an on line application form)

You could start with the standard prove it letter but I would not even consider a "Fresh Start" agreement

More advise will follow I'm sure

Good luck

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Hi Revenant, sorry I didn't make myself more clear. It was myself who took out the loan, and it was my signature on the contract. I took it out for my sister who was in dire straits at the time (fell for her sob story).

Ultimately, my sister fell back on payments and now the company were trying to contact me for full payment. I've not spoken to them since '06, and have been at this current address since '08. I've never acknowledged the debt, nor responded to the one letter I had from them last year.

So, with that I was under the impression that they don't know for certain I'm at this address as I've never confirmed it myself. Is this a case of them sending the letter in the hope I bite? And are they allowed by law to come round to this property without any prior agreement?

Hi Revenant, sorry I didn't make myself more clear. It was myself who took out the loan, and it was my signature on the contract. I took it out for my sister who was in dire straits at the time (fell for her sob story).

Ultimately, my sister fell back on payments and now the company were trying to contact me for full payment. I've not spoken to them since '06, and have been at this current address since '08. I've never acknowledged the debt, nor responded to the one letter I had from them last year.

So, with that I was under the impression that they don't know for certain I'm at this address as I've never confirmed it myself. Is this a case of them sending the letter in the hope I bite? And are they allowed by law to come round to this property without any prior agreement?

You're caught between the devil and the deep blue sea

The loan and subsequent debt is yours as you signed the contract (Sorry you got caught out)

You could sit tight and see what happens as in theory they shouldn't call without an appointment being made, if anyone does call you don't have to open your door

Ignoring them would get them to show what if any more info they have but as you say they could be trying it on however to be honest it sounds as if they've found you via another link some where

R

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

The first letter appeared shortly after I looked at my Equifax credit report, so I assume this was the method to which they 'found me'. The first initial letter I got from provident also offered this 'fresh start' last year, and noted that an agent would call round. No one did. I believe that provident/greenwoods are the same company, so maybe it's a case of they're going through outstanding debts in the office and trying again for some sort of response.

My main concern is that someone will actually turn up. I currently live with my fiancee and her parents at their home, and although they are aware of this and are fine with it, I still wouldn't like anyone to come round for obvious reasons.

I don't want to, but I'm thinking of sitting this one out until it's statute barred as I'm a fulltime uni student and really cannot afford to pay back a loan which should've been paid back by the person who had the money.

I will point out at this point that my sister and I haven't spoken since she refused to pay this in '06!

Not spoken to mine in over 12 for something similar

According to the small print at the bottom of the Greenwood web page they are indeed Provident in a different coat . .

http://www.greenwoodpersonalcredit.com/

In the worse case scenario and they do call who ever opens the door just tells them to go away and I agree re Equifax

The underlying thing is it's up to them to prove you owe the money not the other way round so you could send an improvised prove it letter that also makes it clear that personal callers will not be accepted

R

Thanks mate I appreciate your help/advice with this. I'll keep calm and carry on as they say and should we get any nasty surprises at the door, I'll put the above in motion!

You're welcome md

I'm sure that you'll get some more info later from those with experience of Provident

R