My dad getting charged £500 month from his wages by CSA but no paperwork or order!

emandcole

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, hope this is in the right area, my first time in this area of the forum.

My dad has been to court three times in the last decade and each time the CSA representative was unable to give the court an accurate sum and the court upheld my dads complaint that until he knows how much and precisely how he is indebted he is in no position to pay them. He has never refused to pay, merely wants the correct figures and the court agreed with him.

On a few occasions he has been told by a CSA representative over the phone that the 'debt' has been effectively written off but every now and then it resurfaces and it all starts again. Two to three months ago (I've only just found out) he discovered that his employer had held around £500 from his monthly salary as this was being directed to the CSA (or its equivalent, I don't know the name but aware this is a private operation now I believe) and Dad had not been informed of this beforehand.

His company refuse to provide him with any paperwork (stating data protection!!) and Dad has had no other documentation from any other party through the post. No court order, nothing at all. All he knows is that a large sum is being taken from his salary and no-one will give him any details.

Needless to say the impact on him financially is huge and when he called the CSA/organisation concerned to try and find out what has happened they are useless and have no concerns for the fatc that these payments are impacting on his ability to pay his mortgage. Having spent many years getting his finances in order this new development has come as a particularly hard blow, especially when he cannot obtain any details.

My first suggestion to him was to demand the details from his employer as if they are allowing a third party to just take his money each month they surely have an obligation to detail the information they have used to justify this?

Other than that I suggested a visit to a solicitor for a free session to establish what's happening. I appreciate this is a bit vague, I've asked him to detail the facts for me as he knows them but in the meantime I thought I'd post it to see if anyone else has experienced a similar situation.

Appreciate any comments!

Hello, im sorry your dad is messed up in all this but have you looked at the NACSA website ? also, i read in your post that your dads employer wont give him info and use the data protection act, well your dad is entitled under the data protection act to recieve all info held on him, and from his point of request im sure its about 40 days they have to respond. look into this further though. im sure there is a request for information template on this website somewhere.

good luck

yes

i have faced the wrath of the csa and yes i was lucky to beat them fairly of course

The thing is in your dads case the csa obviously has a deductions of earnings against his salary as hes paye so he doesnt have much choice but to bow down and pay unless he talks to his employer his employer doesnt have to pay them or deduct money

I myself am self employed so for me if my earnings are low due to receesion my payments are low you see due to self assessment.

What i would is go to his employer and explain his situation get him to cancel deductions of earnings and arrange a different method of payment

• 2 weeks later...