Nationwide / KPR advice needed!!

cynopterus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4922 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have been a member of the CAG for a while now and have in the past successfully sued Nationwide for my bank charges but it has been quite a while since I have been here.

I also have a credit card with them and they have been nothing but vindictive ever since I recovered my bank charges.

I have been studying for a degree which I have had to give up, partly due to ongoing financial problems and depression , all exacerbated by the ridiculous and, I would say criminal, behaviour of Nationwide. For the past 2 or so years I have been trying to pay the card off, but due to the nature of living off student loans etc. it has not always been possible to maintain these payments. I had been proactive and advised them in advance that I would be experiencing difficulties but they did absolutely nothing to help!

Now I find myself in a position whereby I have had to give up my degree and therefore am no longer in receipt of any finance, I am in the process of job hunting but this has not affected Nationwide's stance either. They have passed the debt, a measly one at that, to their in house collections dept. KPR.

I have been to the CAB recently and they have arranged for me to see one of their professional debt counsellors, but in the meantime they also phoned some of my creditors to ask them to 'lay off', at least until I have seen this counsellor. They all obliged EXCEPT for Nationwide who refused point blank to the CAB guy down the phone - he was aghast!

Sorry for the length of this intro but I felt it better to lay a good foundation, so to speak.

What should I do? Should I send a CCA request as I have been reading and if so, who to? Nationwide or KPR?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I can't handle this treatment anymore, I have enough on my plate without the corporate greed and bullying tactics being demonstrated by the Nationwide.

Kind regards

Hi cyno

Send Nationwide a CCA Request with a Postal Order of £1, they have 14 days to respond. Depending on what they send put the account in dispute. Have you had any

further Penalty Charges you can claim back, since the ones you claimed back. You will then have a dispute with Nationwide. Don't forget to get Contractual Interest on

those charges. Then send KPR a letter to return the account back to Nationwide.

Whatever they send scan, post, removing all personal details and ref. numbers.

If they are harrassing you by phone there is a template in the library that you can send KPR.

Thanks rebel11 for the swift reply.

The charges that I previously claimed back were in relation to a bank account that I had with them which I closed soon after they paid up.

The current situation pertains to a credit card that I have with them and although I understood the situation with the bank account and charges, I don't really know anything about the credit card side of things.(I have had a stupid amount of charges with the credit card for late and missed payments mind you.)

Regards

Follow Rebel11 advice.....CCA them ................14 days if no reply or if they only send T&Cs put them in dispute and as its a credit card, list all the unfair charges they have made add contractual interest,and do the same as with your bank account claim the charges back,get the CCA in first..................FS

I find Nationwide arrogant - they even fail to respond to official complaints. They refuse to negotiate payments and use Swindon County Court for hearings.

Despite complaints - which they refuse to respond to, they steam roll their way ahead

Other than all out warfare - how can they be stopped as, by not responding to formal complaints, the path to the FSO is not open. The complaints procedure has to be axhaisted before going to the ombudsman.

Late payment charges.............Non payment charges..........Insufficient payment charges,........you are correct Nationwide are so arrogant once you have CCAd them and they rarely produce copy of signed agreement in a reasonable time 12 working days,send account in dispute letter,then as I am sure you are aware,interest/charges/selling debt/3rd party collection are not allowed..........need the CCA underway......................FS