Student let - debt recovery

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3922 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My Father is a landlord for a student let, he is a retired farmer and this is his pension.

This year one of the students left without paying much of his rent , this was deducted from his deposit (held by the uni) along with costs for damages.

My Father has now discovered that a number of the bills were not paid which leaves an outstanding balance owed by this particular student of around £500.

My Father has spoken to the student (and has his address) and the student has agreed this money is owed and that he will send a cheque. This cheque never arrives and he is now not answering my Father's called.

P.S It's stated in the contract that the tennants are responsible for all bills.

Is there anything my Father can do to get this money back?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

James

What bills???

It is rarely the landlords remit to enforce bill payment. Whos name were the bills in ?

Was there not a guarantor on the agreement?

• Haha 1

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!