• Tweets

• Hmmm, interesting point. In my career, that I am retired from now, there were an immense amount of rules and regulations that one had to adhere to by law. The qualification process is rigorous with on going assessments throughout your career and re-certification every 12 months. If you were shown to be not competent in those rules and regulations you could not hold the position and the operational consequences of that could potentially be dire. In the same respect, perhaps a judge who is not conversant in the rules of POFA should not sit in on cases that requires proficiency in that area? I also bow to your considerable knowledge in this area, perhaps I shouldn't be commenting but by doing so I find it helps the learning process. Your last point has just reminded me of something that may help my case, thank you.
    • Just had an email re the my breache in agreement by her rep.   I asked you yesterday if they had asked about her name in the thread being removed.   The issue they have is the Elizabeth turner and genetic pups entry on google.   they knew I did not put it up and told them so in court.  I dnt know how to post on google.   I told them I cannot remove what I did not post.  when i come back here and saw her name gone from threads title, I presumed her reps sought it.   now I get an email saying her names still on google ur breaching the agreement as it’s still on google.  
    • Peter McCormack says "ambition is big" and Real Bedford's attendances are increasing with promotions.View the full article
    • How does one obtain the permit? The permit team number is only open between the hours of 9am to 3pm Mon - Fri. It says on the website, To obtain an additional 2 hours, the driver must pay a tariff of £3.00 + booking fees in person at our Security Hut, is that how you get the permit also, from the security hut? What a rigmaroll that would be but maybe just another step to take to try and catch people out?
    • Anotheruser0000 bear in mind that not all Judges are equally versed in the PoFA regulations. Fortunately now most of them are but sometimes a Judge from a higher Court sits in who is well experienced  in Law but not PoFA. and so they sometimes go "offkey" because their knowledge can raise a different set of arguments and solutions. It does seem particularly unfair  when the decision is so  bad . it can also be that in some situations the motorist being a lay person is not sufficiently know ledgeable to be able to counter a Judge's decisions in a way that a barrister could.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Sainsburys Bank loan - want to come to my house!

ConsumerMark
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have lost my job and having trouble with my bills - thank god I found this site.

I have a loan with Sainsbury that I signed for in December 2007 at my house as they have a rep visit you with a cheque. The balance is for just under ten thousand.

I sent a letter asking to suspend payments and interest for six months and at the same time sent a cca letter. As soon as this happened and before payment was due, I started to get a lot of phone calls - I always refuse security checks and say to write to me. I have now received a letter to say that they will be visting my house.

Should i send a follow up to both of my other, tommorow is my 12+2 day and some lenders (bank credit card) have agreed to suspend payments for 120 days.

any help appreciated.

Hi all this is a copy of a copy etc for dont come to my door.

Dear Sirs,

Please be advised that I am only prepared to communicate with you in writing. OFT rules and regulations clearly state that you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you. There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.).

Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives, to visit me at my property and if you persist in sending “doorstep callers” to my home, you will be reported for harassment and be liable for damages for a tort of trespass. You would also be liable for conspiring in a tort of trespass by acting in defiance of my instructions and sending someone to visit me nevertheless.

Should it be necessary, I will obtain an injunction.

Yours sincerely,

all the best dpick

I have a debt with Sanisburys bank for almost 15,000 and have not been able to make a payment for two months. I wrote to them to explain the situation and ask for six months breathing space using the template letters. I also paid £1 andused the template CCA letter.

They have acknowledged my six month request - advising me to call them to discuss. In the same post I have also received what looks to be a valid default notice.

Im not sure that I should do, all the advise on here says not to telephone but they have draw their line in the sand so to speak and Im not sure how to respond?

I would say that if you do ring them, try to record the conversation.

If you don't want to ring them or can't record the conversation, just write back and state that you would prefer o deal with this matter in writing.

I'm a bit confused though. You have asked for "breathing space" AND asked for your agreement. May I ask for what purpose?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

quite simply and honestly I have lost my job and cannot afford to pay right now and have asked for breathing space from all creditors, some have been ok, most have ignored this request. I was hoping that being upfront would make my credit history better and there are poeple on here that seem to know how to deal with such problems.

I asked for cca at the same time as i had read on here that you should know where you stand but as this is a pre 2007 agreement, I dont hold out much hope. I dont see what the conversation is, I have only jsa to live on and until I manage to find a job will be unable to pay.

The reason I asked about asking for your agreement was that some people try to use this as a tool to avoid paying a debt-something that is NOT advocated here but from your response I understand your situation.

Have you seen our template letters?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?68-debt-collection-library

The letter template and budget planner is very good,

As you are on JSA, this amount is the MINIMUM the Government say you can live on. Non priority debts must take a back seat and you are dealing with this the best way by being upfront about it.

Have a look at this:

http://www.lendingstandardsboard.org.uk/docs/lendingcode.pdf

Creditors should be sympathetic to your situation although it is true that some don't

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

To be honest my debts from being a student have never gone away and had I known about this site 5 years ago im sure that I could have kept interest much lower and be in a different position now. Although I dont agree with avoiding debts, Id take any magic stick right now but in the real world Im just trying to do the most sensible thing I can.

Thanks, I will have a good look at the lending code. If nayone else has anyadvice or which template letters may help then id appreciate this.

Im thinking that the Failiure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale letter would help as surely they should not be defaulting me when the account is in dispute or should I accept that there is little I can do about this default on my records for 6 years?

Unortunately, since a test case last year, creditors are now allowed to default you.(even when the account is in dispute) The debt still exists and so long as what they report is accurate then there is not much you can do about it

I happen to think this is better done now than 6 months down the line.