Jason63

Hi - anyone out there tried match betting / can recommend good places to go? Thanks!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3569 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just come across match betting but not sure where to go for the best advice / to get started. Any suggestions?

Thanks all!

Jackx

Theres an excellent thread/forum over at Moneysavingexpert on MB.

If you can be bothered, its worth doing. Unfortunately, a lot of the sites have clicked onto this scheme now and make it harder - still doable, just less return per matched bet.

I did it for a little while but found that the time I was putting in wasnt worth the return. You also need a largish cash flow in comparison to the gains.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Thanks for that - I'll have a read now.

Had a good read of that thread. :!: Some people mention sites that work out the odds and bets for you, fixtheodds, free bets for all and another one I can't remember just now. Do you know anything about these places?

J

I think this warning on MSE sums this type of thing quite well..

dont ever risk money that you cannot afford to lose, or ever deviate from the matched betting principles. If you have an uncontrollable gambling streak, or are under order not to do any betting, don't venture into this.

I'd say dont get involved with betting at all. They offer free bets for a reason, its there to lure you in, a bit like the angler fish does.

398032677_dfab408834.jpg

HSBC WON three times!!!!! Read about my continuing battle (claim FOUR!) Link HERE

Capital One WON Link

HERE

GE capital (5 accounts) WON link HERE

Lloyds bank account WON second claim starting! link HERE

Budget insurance cough up WON link HERE

Principles WON link HERE

A&L (Mrs Crusher's account) claim link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

Any advice given is on an informal basis only and without prejudice or liability. In in any doubt, consult a qualified lawyer.

IF YOU HAVE GOT YOUR MONEY BACK, PUT SOME BACK INTO THE SITE TO HELP KEEP IT OPEN!

Bear in mind HSBC that the whole point of matched betting itself is that it isnt betting - i.e. there is zero risk (virtually).

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Ha ha ha ha!!! I love the picture.:lol:

Weirdly it was in article in Guardian Money (!?!?!?!) that sparked my interest - ah it won't let me post the article.

well, these guys aren't stupid Mr Shed as I am sure you will agree.

this wouldnt be possible if they didnt make money out of it in the long run... bookies are the masters at this. They would soon turn the tap off if this wasnt the case.

My advice would be stay away.. they are trying to lure you in.

HSBC WON three times!!!!! Read about my continuing battle (claim FOUR!) Link HERE

Capital One WON Link

HERE

Principles WON link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

Any advice given is on an informal basis only and without prejudice or liability. In in any doubt, consult a qualified lawyer.

IF YOU HAVE GOT YOUR MONEY BACK, PUT SOME BACK INTO THE SITE TO HELP KEEP IT OPEN!

Mr Shed - that's the essence of the Guardian article. The catch being that you have to put in time and effort.

well, these guys aren't stupid Mr Shed as I am sure you will agree.

this wouldnt be possible if they didnt make money out of it in the long run... bookies are the masters at this. They would soon turn the tap off if this wasnt the case.

My advice would be stay away.. they are trying to lure you in.

The point is that each individual bookie does make money out of it in the long run. You are playing bookies off against each other.

HSBC I mean this with the greatest possible respect (seriously!) but it comes across that you dont really know or understand MB. If you did you would understand what I am trying to say.

There is clearly always the risk that someone makes the jump from matched betting to general gambling. However, with this caveat, I dont think its fair to give blanket advice stating dont do it. Its a tried and tested method.

no, you miss my point.

I understand match betting.

but it means having to go and place a bet.

There is clearly always the risk that someone makes the jump from matched betting to general gambling.

and thats why IMHO it shouldnt be talked about on a website that advises people with debt issues!

free bets are designed to reel people in, and if 100 cag users go off and have a go how many just might get caught up in it?

Capital One WON Link

HERE

Principles WON link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

We may have to agree to disagree :-D

I agree its there to reel people in, therefore what better way than to take advantage of that fact? :)

Oh dear, what have I started. :oops: I take both your points.