Jadkins

Tesco Finance/RBS Default Removal

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3570 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I need some advice on a default I have on my credit file and how if possible I can get it removed. I've read that many posts on this subject that my head is spinning! Took out a loan with Tesco Personal Finance(RBS) on 23/7/1998. Entered into a DMP with the CCCS in April 2001. £4366.20 was owed to Tesco at the start of the DMP. Thereafter monthly payments were made through the CCCS. No payments were ever late or missed. The debt was repaid in full. At the start I had 7 creditors and owed in total £21537.00 all of which have been repaid. 3 of the creditors were RBS. I had need to view my credit file in 2004 and there were 2 default notices from RBS which were placed on my file 11/6/01. I sent letters asking for their removal as I was in a DMP and they did. There was no default on my file at this time from Tesco. I only found out that they had put a default on my file in the last 6 months when I viewed my credit files. The default was added on 5/11/05. Why it was added then I don't know and they didn't give me an answer when I put that question to them. What I do know is that they are not prepared to remove the default. Question where do I go from here? I can't ask for a copy of my CA as there is no money outstanding, it's all been repaid and there is no active account. The only thing I know for certain is that I never received the formal demand that they said they sent on 18/11/05. If they had put the default on when I broke the agreement in 2001 then it would have been served over 3 years ago! I hope someone can guide me in the right direction. :help: