Default removal advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope this is posted in the right section.

ive recently decided t take the plunge and get on the property ladder, so i spoke to a family friend who is a mortgage advisor, she advised me to get an experian credit report before applying anywhere.

My credit report showed two defaults. She told me that i should look into getting them removed before i apply for a mortgage as i would get better rates and more available lenders.

The two defaults were;

1. Capital one - £618 - satisfied - says i defaulted in April 2007. It doesnt say the date this was paid off but i remember paying by the end of 2007.

2. Credit account management (littlewoods) - £84 - satisfied - says i defaulted august 2007. As above this was paid off around the same time.

The reason i sadly defaulted on these two accounts is that i was self employed back then, contracts ended and i was unemployed for 4-5 months, penalty charges were added and i was unable to pay, i reclaimed the penalty charges a couple of years back on the capital one account, this was paid directly onto the ballance. I did try to use the PPI to cover me whilst i was unemployed, but was told that the insurance doesnt cover self employed people, so i was refunded the PPI due to being miss sold the policy.

To test the water i called littlewoods, who then told me to call Phoenix debt recoveries, as they held the account. I spoke to a lady on the phone and asked if they would consider removing the default, as it was for such a small amount, was a few years old and was casuing me problems obtaining a mortgage. She told me they would consider it but i would need a letter from the mortgage lender saying it had caused a problem. My family friend says that her company policy is to not send out third party letters such as this and most others wouldnt entertain the idea.. I asume phoenix know this.

While i cant remember ever receiving a notification that either default would be added to my credit file, i cant swear that i didnt being 3 years in the past.

Can anyone advise me on a possible route to removing both defaults.

Any help and advise is much appreciated

Thanks

Stu

there are two schools of thought here:

1. if the default was the result of a Default Notice by the OC & the arrears figure quoted on the default notice included charges, then that would make the default notice invalid and thus it must be removed.

2. there was never a default notice issued by the OC, however, the OC reported to the CRA's on a monthly basis that you has either failed to make payment or failed to pay the correct amount. THis after 6 mts will automatically result in the A/C showing as '8', which is a default status.

barring that there's nowt you can do about it bar wait for 6yrs from the DEFAULT date for it to drop off your CRA file.

you could try other methods, but TBH they rarely get results.

pers, i suspect that there is more to this than meets the eye

if these 'defaults' were 3yrs ago, i doubt a mortgage co would refuse just on those.

what is your credit rating score?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...