Slightly disappointed!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3904 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Now I'm not one to slight other Forums, and I do actually enjoy visiting the one I'm about to post here, but I just feel extreamly sad that the members there are so naive and clearly have no understanding of what I'm saying. Please guys, advise me if I'm wrong, and pinch me if I've been dreaming about all of my successful prosecutions! It's a bit long winded, and only moves on to railway stuff after a while!

Clicky!

Edited by Stigy

I havent bothered reading the whole thread but why are you talking about byelaws in car parks?

All the railway car parks i've seen are covered by civil contract law due to the placement of T&Cs notices.

You will NEVER win an argument with some of the posters on that website, especially the ones who think they know the law.

I havent bothered reading the whole thread but why are you talking about byelaws in car parks?

All the railway car parks i've seen are covered by civil contract law due to the placement of T&Cs notices.

You will NEVER win an argument with some of the posters on that website, especially the ones who think they know the law.

It went somewhat off topic. Maybe I shouldn't get so worked up, I just don't like being called a liar.

I did some research into car park enforcement as carried out by a major car park firm which has the contract to look after many railway car parks. I needed to, they had stuck a parking ticket on my car, after a member of railway staff with whom I was having a meeting told me that I could park.

They use the 'contract/we have a notice' argument. I told them about Byelaw 14, and the defences to it. They do not carry out their own enforcement, but send it to a DCA. The letters after my name and my argument seemed to have worked, they wrote back telling me that they would take no further action.

What surprised me about the whole thing was that there is some good byelaws for railway station car parks, which they ignore, preferring to use their own 'contract'. I think that they are missing a trick somewhere along the line. Before 'privatisation', car parking was often enforced by the railway's own revenue protection team, and offenders prosecuted by BTP/the Crown.

Moving on to the level of ignorance shown by the other posters in that thread, thankfully, there are a lot of very ignorant people in the world, they have provided me with a living since the 1970s. 'You cannot caution'. How many times have I heard that one. PACE did not give you a right to caution, it gave you a duty to. 'You cannot detain', well, there is plenty of primary legislation that says there are circumstances when you can detain/arrest, using when needed 'minimum force'. For railways, it is section 5,2, RRA 1889, but there are other 'bits' of law. A few years ago, I was at an award ceremony where two railway staff (ticket office clerks) got a mention for the way that they held a man on the ground for ages until police and paramedics arrived. (Don't tell me that wasn't an arrest!) He was trying to jump off a bridge over the railway to top himself. Lawful? of course. Commendable? Indeed. What powers? Blessed if I know, probably 'common law'. Police & ambulance staff would probably use MHA or something similar.

Good job those 'other posters' weren't about that day, they would have beaten up the railway staff and helped the guy onto the parapet.

I've quit that thread now so as to remain relatively sane! I know I'm right, as I haven't been arrested for impersonating a Police Officer yet!

There are some completely bizarre assertions on that thread, and outrageous abuse. Would've signed up to support you there Stigy but not sure my blood pressure could stand it!

:-x

There are some completely bizarre assertions on that thread, and outrageous abuse. Would've signed up to support you there Stigy but not sure my blood pressure could stand it!

:-x

lol, thanks. I said earlier here that I quit that thread, but me being a glutten for punishment, and the fact that I know alot of what is being said is incorrect, and quite frankly ludicrous, I keep going back for more. However, I'm trying to be polite.

• 2 weeks later...

Really thanks for Rosa's experience sharing!!This is first time I came to this board, and I thought it's really helpful and people here are really nice to offer advices.

I use sb's student oyster because mine is just expired. I knew this is so wrong because the burden is far more than the fine itself. my situation is I just got the 1st london underground letter today, and I will reply and admitted I am wrong and will to pay the fine as your advice. However, My student visa will be expired in the beginning of the next year, and I may not stay at UK after finishing my study. My question is should I mention this situation in the replying letter? or should I call them to explain? or I should wait until LU prosecute me and then ask them to set out of the court?