style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3573 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I'm really desperate for some help and have phoned National Debtline etc, posted on other forums but finding it hard to get answers and was wondering if anyone could help.

My partner has been sent to prison for 5 years and had considerable credit card debt. There are in his name only, and while I understand I'm not responsible for the debt am trying to get it sorted for him for when he is released.

I'm unable to service them, am barely able to support myself while he's away. My family offered a lump sum to settle them in final, but this only covers 55% of it. They won't give it to me for monthly payments of it. 2 creditors have settled quickly, but 2 haven't. I made offers 6 months ago. No payments have been made since he went to jail. The 2 creditors that haven't accepted are continuing to charge interest and late charges. Barclaycard (sold to Mercer), to whom he owes approx £6k are charging £135 a month in fees and late charges. This means when he gets out of prison his debt to them will have doubled. BOS is the loan who won't accept either. I have written authority to deal with his accounts, but they have both gone silent now and are not corresponding with me at all.

I'm not sleeping, constantly crying, and am so worried about this. I really don't want to lose my home as it's the only security I've got left and I doubt it's worth much more than when we first bought it a few years ago anyway. Last letter from Barcalycard threatened CCJ, so even though the debt is not in my name, our house could be at risk. Does anyone have any advice on what to do - shall I continue to try and persist with the F&F settlements? I know some may think that he's in prison so he deserves what he gets, but I promise he is not violent and has never (and could never) harm anyone and is only there because of a miscarriage of justice.