SAR & CCA request

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have a number of outstanding debts which I haven't dealt. I've chosen to burry my head in the sand and ignore them. I'm now trying to address them and have spent the past 2 days researching on this forum how to proceed.

I have a couple of questions that I hope somebody on here can answer.

I couple of the debts are approaching the 4.5 yr mark without payment or contact so will be statued barred in 1.5yrs. All but one has dropped of my credit file because they defaulted over 6yrs ago.

1) Can a send a SAR request or a CCA request without resetting the clock on the SB?

2) I have an outstanding balance with one firm for approx £20k, have not made any payments since 2007 and only correspondence I have received in relation to it is an annual statement. Nothing asking for repayment. Any ideas why they are not chasing?..

look forward to seeing your responses..

thanks

Hi problem

Welcome to CAG

1) I believe what would reset the clock are any payments or acknowledgements of the debts. So you might be tempting fate by requesting SAR's and CCA.

2) There might be a few reasons, may be it's unenforceable.

thanks for your response rebel11,

I was thinking the same, that it might be unenforceable, but I have no way of knowing for sure without making further enquires.

If a wrote requesting SAR, all I'm asking for is information they hold on me. I'm not acknowledging the debt, or I'm I?

As for the debt being unenforceable, would anybody be able to give me any indication of whether or not is is if I post details of the company and when the credit was taken out?

thanks.

I was thinking the same, that it might be unenforceable, but I have no way of knowing for sure without making further enquires.

If a wrote requesting SAR, all I'm asking for is information they hold on me. I'm not acknowledging the debt, or I'm I?

As for the debt being unenforceable, would anybody be able to give me any indication of whether or not is is if I post details of the company and when the credit was taken out?

thanks.

Hi if you are not being bothered by them I would hold hard until you have to do something.

dpick

cannot find it A to Z

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Halifax :D

Paid in full £2295

MBNA:mad: 20/03/2008 settled in full out of court

Capital One:D

07/07/2007 Capital one charges paid in full £1666

19/01/2008 recovered PPI £2216 + costs

Littlewoods :-D

12/08/2007 write off £1176.10 debt.

JD Williams charges refunded in full £640

• 2 weeks later...

thanks.

This wouldn't really help. What we really need to see is a copy of the agreement with all personal details removed. TBH I would not risk SAR or CCa on any of them - why tempt fate? If they have ignored you this long you're not only very lucky, but close to them being SB.