Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3310 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

give them till monday

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Depends on which planet you live, don't forget the seedy world of debt collection and finances is far beyond any form of intelligence the rest of us use, which could be why they beleive they don't have to follow the laws and guidelines the rest of us do!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

40 days, then send them a LBA giving them another 14, if they still fail, inform the ICO.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I wish I could, but I have never been able to find it???:smash:

But it is just a simple letter, headed Letter Before Action

Dear Sir/madam,

On the dd/mm/yyyy I sent you a SAR along with the statutory fee of £10. As you are fully aware you have 40 days in which to comply with my request and furnish me with the information that I have asked. You have failed to do so within the timelimits laid down, I will allow you a further 14 days in which to produce to me the information, after which I will refer this failure as a formal complaint to the ICO for investigation.

I look forward to your prompt reply.

Regards.

Or words to that effect...

B.B. Thank you for that i realy do appreciate it. Iv got other issues with a diff cc company and i think i got them banged to rights but im not sure how to go about this if i post up the reply from them should i start diff thread or keep it on same one even tho its diff card.Its for ppi and unenforcable c/a i think the timelines are wrong also iv got letter off them saying no recon so they wont try and inforce but will pusue it through a dca.This will be the 4th dca trying for it .Regarding the Halifax they not replied to the unlawful /r. thanks maxemout

Hi, maxedout.

Regarding the PPI Issue, it would be to your advantage to start a new thread in the PPI Forum, here's the 'link'...............

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?111-Payment-Protection-Insurance-%28PPI%29

There's templates here for the SAR non-complience....................

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?593-Data-Protection-Act-Non-Compliance-Template-Letters

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Halifax kindly reconstructed a CCA for me, they took over the account, so the creditor should have been XXXXX instead they stuck Halifax on it. I've got statements

with the creditors name XXXXX on them, with the same account number. I've just left if for the time being, as I'm claiming Credit Card charges.

There seems to be very few 'won' threads posted lately and no updates on appeal for cases that have gone against caggers seemingly unfairly in the lower courts.

Is there any new cases that are relavant to cca enforceability or defective default notices?

Are these cases still very much down to good presentation and getting the right judge?

Halifax loan are moaning about a alleged debt they issued a 7 day default notice for then terminated and I have accepted unilateral termination and offered to pay arrears genuinely due.

Would just be nice to be pointed to more recent law if there is any.

Hi free

The Brandon case has been adjorned today, thats regarding Default Notices - It was for Leave to Appeal

Well they are aware that you accept their UR, so them asking for anything more than the arrears is pretty futile, you could write back to them pointing this out, but I fear this will only prolong the game of letter tennis, I agree you need to get some sort of closure on this, so you could write them and state that you will only pay the arrears as they have UR the agreement, then if they wish to recover the rest they will have to take you to court for a Judge to decide.

Go through Halifax's complaints procedure, then if you get nowhere with them you will be able to escalate it to the FOS to investigate.

Thanks BB what should the complaint be about? Passing it on to Albion when they should just be Seeking the arrears? As you can probably tell I'm not the best at putting pen to paper so any guidance on the letter format would be most wellcome thanks maxedout.

No what you are complaining about, is that they are still demanding the full amount, when they have unlawfully rescinded the agreement and you are only therefore obliged to pay them the arrears, and once you have paid this then they must stop harassing you for the remainder they say is owed.

If a debt is sold to a DCA and they cannot collect why would the original creditor take it back or how could the DCA pass it back you would think once the original creditor got shot of it that would be the end of it as far as they were conserned and it would be to bad on the DCA for buying it .Would someone be able to explain thanks maxedout

Put simply it is because debts are not sold individually, they are sold in what is called a portfolio, this contains hundreds of debts all with their own different values, and will normally be palmed off to the highest bidder, which is why a £1000 debt will only have cost the buyer a few pounds, and can be as little as 6p in the pound.

The history of the debts are never passed on so the buyer has no idea if what they have bought is enforceable, amongst the ones that are SB or have no documents, there will be some which will pay as either the debtor is unaware of their rights, or the documents are enforceable. The likes of [email protected] who deal in SB and unenforceable debts do so, because the actual cost of buying these portfolios is relatively small in comparison, and if they are fortunate to come across someone who doesn't know their rights then they make a profit.

All in all, it is a very corrupt rotten to the core, you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours industry, one that is beginning to feel the pinch as more and more people are learning their rights and forcing the industry to work for it's tainted money.