Jump to content
  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • I am aware of this treatment. Field Debt Solutions approached me at my door claiming to have a warrant of entry, (one of many lies they used) they KNEW I was classed as vulnerable prior to the visit. This was (later found out by The Ombudsman) allegedly to install a pre payment meter (They know I can not use one). Long story short: I was threatened with criminal damage, the police and them not moving till I let them in. They stated they had a warrant, they did not. One FDS employee was waving a crowbar and smiling, the other was basically terrorising me through the window. I complained to EON and all that they did was lie further, covered up their behaviours After contacting the OMBUDSMAN all the truth came out. I am totally disgusted with the way this company operate. I am equally disgusted that the Ombudsman ere not taking any of the FDS Employees behaviours into account (yet all my claims were upheld) this feels like this section of the whole process is left wide open and that's why this is happening imho. The Ombudsman made me feel like they work for EON, (when it came to the consideration of the employees from FDS, they seemed immune to scrutiny) a very confusing and shocking experience when the penny drooped. I have looked at CISA (?) whom are some sort of organisation who debt collection agencies register with (no idea what for) anyway, FDS are not registered, I can not find them anywhere, they are like some sort of enigma and this is where i am thinking how they are protecting themselves from scrutiny and people gaining remedy from them. I also witnessed a EON employee telling me that "FDS do not have to answer anyone," they would not give me any way of complaining directly to them as is the Gov's advice before A Small Claims Tract. I am just making sure now that I record all my efforts to do what I can to give a chance for FDS to attempt to put right what they did to me. I have witnesses and I intend to take them to court. EON has damned them and all the info they provided shows how messed up and disgusting they are, I seriously have witnessed staff laughing at me on the phone when I am trying to tell them what happened. I t seems if you do not pay a bill (in my case this was out of my hands) Then your deserving of what seems to me an inside laugh as the know how we (the vulnerable) get treated when FDS turn up, yes, very much felt this and challenged one employee once.. I have spoken to a Solicitor and they are happy  to do something for me over this. Also the police were phoned by myself even though they threatened me with police "To Help Them Take My DOOR OF ITS HINGES" The police did turn up, they told me that they rarely ever turn up for these idiots as the FDS and others attempt to use the police through bull crapping them. They also said go through a few hoops and if your not happy come back to them, I have a mobile number as they said that a crime number would come after I have exhausted the other moves. They do not like these Debt People one bit, that was comforting. Sorry if this is a little all over but it was all over complexed (I can see why now) but  just wanted to share my experiences and I will be happy to share further if anyone needs to know. I am still wondering what to do but one thing is for sure, I will not be going away, EVER! good luck
    • what does it say if the claimant fails please?
    • Thanks for the feedback.  We have a professional surveyor friend who is willing to give an opinion, and once done as you say, there's no reason not to inform insurers. And as Eric's brother says, that will also give us, hopefully, a more specific discussion with neighbours. No, we can't view the neighbour's roofing from where we are, and neither can they as it's under their conservatory (we always thought it was a bad move on their part to cover felting with a conservatory!) Interesting that council have enforcement powers, hadn't realised that.  I've also had a builder advise, without visiting the site, that the dividing wall (which may be double-skinned) should have waterproof capping, which it doesn't; so maybe a simple solution is to install that across top of both sides.  Anyway, some next steps for us to take so thanks again.
    • un-en doesn't mean its written off but SB'd passing does.. and no why should you get the money??   they are notional charges that weren't paid by you anyway in the 1st place as there is was outstanding balance greater than the refund.
    • If WFH is what leaves people feeling unsupported then I completely agree that's not good.  I wonder if some organisations were better at keeping communication open, managing the situation and making their employees still feel supported and included.  It's likely there have been lessons learned.
  • Our picks

    • Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.
      I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.
      I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.
      No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.
      The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.
      They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.
      They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.
      I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?
      Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies

TNC Collections--How to pay?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3536 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts



How do you go about paying off debt collections? l have offered them £20 a month and they said no and would only accept their offer but l can't afford that since l only work part time. They would only accept my £20 IF they saw proof by way of Bank Statement. He said that l could not delete anything on the statement and could only send it as it's sent out to me.


l told them to stop calling and l would only speak to them through mail. They stopped calling but now l have a letter in today saying they are going to take me to court for full payment and that l would have to pay court costs etc. They also would garnish my wages for payment.


So if l started paying them £20 a month that l offered, do they have to accept it? Will they still take me to court?


If l pay them by postal order and sent it registered post how do l keep proof of payment? Is that the receipt the post office gives you or should l make photo copies of the payment? I know that sounds like a dumb question but if l am going to pay them, l want absolute proof that l have paid!


Thanks so much for your help!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you pay by PO keep the receipt and phone 01246 542500 to check if its been cashed. If its been cashed they've been paid.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no reason why you cant pay them by Standing Order NOT direct debit,you have total control over the Standing Order,it is a good idea to pay them the £20 per month,as long as this is the honest amount you can afford,should they take you to court the court will come out on your side and may even reduce the amount if they consider you are stretching yourself to much.You do not have to supply a Bank Statement to TNC,if you want to go on paying via Postal Order Count Orlok has given you the best procedure.Who is the OC??????????......FS

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Given your straitened circumstances, if they took you to court, they would be lucky to get £1 a week.


What kind of debt is it? Could you have charges on the account? Give us more detail about the debt/account and its history and we’ll try and point you in the right direction. I’m always keen to annoy DCAs who refuse a reasonable offer to pay from someone who wants to clear their debts – their greed and unreasonableness demands that their right to collect be questioned.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009


If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

and dont send them your statement at all, in fact I think a complaint is in order demanding your bank statements with all your details - :mad2:




Getting There Slowly



Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks so much for all your help!


The debt is a FE College tuition debt. I had attended college last year for only a few weeks. l had gotten sick and had to stop the classes right before l had sent in the grant paperwork.


l didn't think anything about paying for the course as l had quit. (my fault)


Then in April l received a letter from the college demanding payment in full! £371 total. l called them and explained my situation and the woman in the finance office said "tough pay up!!"


Then in August l received this letter from TNC demanding that l pay £251. £120 had been taken off!


Then about 2 weeks later l get a letter from the college offering the £251 so l called them and she said "pay up now!" l again explained my situation and they said "tough you could have offered payment with us but now it's gone to collections!" But how could l have offered payment to the college when it was given to the collection before l had received their bill?


So now that leads to the above part. l did offer them £20 a month...Believe me if l could give more l would, and some months l am able to IF l have done extra time at work. I only get paid once a month and with putting food on the table, heating, lights etc and diesel for the car so l can get to work, it pretty much takes most of my wage.


l really don't want them garnishing my wages! If l had someone to borrow the £251 from l would and just pay them but l don't, so this is what l am left with!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

The mere fact you have phoned a DCA puts you on their

'here's another mug, lets fleece him' list


Firstly stop talking to them on the phone.

Put YOUR offer to them in writing, offer only what YOU can comfortably afford.

Then if they refuse, you have it in writing they have refused it.


What ever you offer them, they always want more, you have to be very firm with them and tell them


"this is what your getting, end of"


Ignore their threats of attachment of earning, bailiffs and any other such crap they spout.


They can do none of these without first obtaining a judgement in the county court and only then if you FAIL to keep to the terms of the judgement. They can't even initiate court proceeding in their own right either, unless they own the debt, which I doubt they do. They will be doing the colleges dirty work for them


Don't let them intimidate you into paying anything you cannot afford.

NEVER give your banking details to a DCA or any other personal information

Ask for their banking details and pay by standing order, if they refuse to give them to you, just tell them no details, no money, simply as that


Keep a record of all payments made and make sure they are being deducted from the outstanding balance




They are full of s**t and have no powers whatsoever

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Rexi

You need to sit down and go through all your income/out goings based on your normal monthly pay, do not include over time for as you know it's not always there

All the essentials (Food,Rent,C/Tax,Gas/Elec,Water etc) come first the debt is not a priority so to speak, once you have done the paper work THEN decide what you can realistically aford WITHOUT causing hardship

Wite to the DCA with a revised offer based on what you've worked out (DO NOT mention paying any extra if you get O/T) stating that you have no other disposable income and then see what they send back

The important thing is you're showing willing and if their arrogance/greed gets the better of them and they do go to Court your offers will go against them

Good luck


[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:



Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a very good income and expenditure form on the CCCS website without you having to sign up with them,you may find this helpful and then without disclosing your I&E make your DCA an offer..............FS

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to bring this up again!


BUT here is an update on the nightmare that is going on. l did write them a letter, they received it and somehow have failed to understand that l do not want them phoning the house! They even had the cheek to ask my husband for my moblie! Errrr, if l said do not phone, means House AND moblie! They phone every other day sometimes twice a day!


They are not accepting my terms at all. They will not say anything in a letter except, phone us! l wrote in the letter that the phone calls must cease and this, of course, has not stopped them. They want it in full NOW!! They will not accept payments at all!


I haven't sent in the money yet because, stupid me wanted them to say "Yes that's fine!" But that's not going to happen any time soon so off l go to send in the first instalment!


I just want the phone calls to stop and they are not listening!


When l get the postal order l am going to take a photo copy of it, along with the receipt, each time l send a payment, and send it all in. Oh and send it recorded delivery!


IF l keep getting harassed over the phone l will then phone in a solicitor and see what they can do!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Try contacting the college & explain that you dropped out because of bad health after only a few weeks & that you don't think that its fair that they have set these DCAs on you


They might reduce the amount owing, if not cancel it altogether

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

If they ring you refuse to go through their security questions to confirm your identity. Say "in writing only" and put the phone down. Speak to your phone provider about the harassing calls and ask them to bar that number from calling your line. If you have BT you could buy the Choose to Refuse service or use the Truecall service. If you get really fed up, buy a large whistle and use it when they call.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...