NatWest Complaint Response Help Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4911 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

Wondered if anyone could give me some legal wording to respond to a NatWest response to complaint letter.

Background as follows.

Currently on JSA

NatWest wanted to review my repayment schedule, I had previously submitted an I&E in Nov 2009 and agreed payment of £5pm.

23 Sep I responded saying I was still on JSA and would therefore be unable to increase my payment of £5pm

2 Oct NatWest responded saying that they wanted me to provide them with a detailed breakdown of my I&E on an attached form. They finished by saying they looked forward to hearing from me within 14 days (letter sent 2nd Class, received 6 Oct)

14 Oct Natwest send a letter terminating my all banking facilities and they demand total amount owing within 7 days from the date of the letter (received 18 Oct)

18 Oct I write back reiterating my inability to increase my payment of £5pm, that nothing had changed since I had submitted my I&E form previously, and how I had received their termination letter which was dated prior to the 14 days given in the previous letter.

I have today received a response to complaint. They have stated that the 02 Oct letter had an" incorrect timescale quoted of 14 days, when it should of quoted 12 days timescale to return the I&E form", and that they were unable to accept my proposal without a completed I&E. They then state that the Bank rightfully continued action and (surprisingly!) that they were unable to uphold my complaint as they had not received an I&E.

I want to respond to them with the following points, but would appreciate some further input with regards legal wording etc.

1. The letter of 02 Oct did not say "respond with completed I&E", it merely stated look forward to hearing from you within 14 days.

2. The formal demand was sent prior to the 14 days given.

3. It is not my mistake that 14 days was given rather than 12, and to be told after the fact does not make it correct.

4. I am not legally obliged to return an I&E from to them.

5. Their "investigation" is incorrect as per the points above.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

BB

Any help on this, as I have today received my lovely yellow card from AIC (dated 25 October)

It now appears that NatWest have completely ignored my letter, sent within the 7 days given me on the Formal Demand and passed this to AIC despite me making a proposal for repayment as is requested in their letter.

Make a formal complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service about NatWest. Then write back to AIC (don't call them) and tell them that as this matter has been referred to FOS, they should 'go forth and mutliply', as the Bible put it!

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request