• Tweets

• I am not a lawyer but I definitely think you are correct.   You will need evidence that Fast Track was not available on your way out - "Unknown reasons" sounds ominous. Do you have pictures/videos/written records to prove it?   Ryanair website states they are not responsible for you missing your flight as a result of fast track, but it doesn't say anything about not being responsible for the product they sold you not being available. Have you tried asking for a refund already?   Either way they sold you something that they did not provide - I don't see how this can be legal - and hopefully you should be able to prove it. Get written evidence that they refused to refund you (if you don't have it already) and take it straight to your card provider. (by many accounts it seems pointless to try and negotiate with Ryanair)
    • Hello everyone, recently I ordered 4 birds, 2 canaries and 2 lovebirds from a pet shop in Nottingham. When I received the birds, one of the canaries looked scruffy and had a bald spot on its back. when I asked the owner if this was normal he stated that “it is a baby and will be normal in a week” so I waited a week and I discovered it was sneezing throughout the night. I then decided to check their weight and the scruffy one was only 15 grams while the other was 26 grams. While weighing them I discovered they were covered in blood mites (small bugs that feed on blood) so I contacted him and he said I could return them but I’m unable to drive an hour to his shop so I offered to pay another delivery fee fr him to pick it up but he was ignoring me so I decided to try to treat them and bought many medicines and I cured their mute problem but now all 4 birds are sneezing, I’ve had many birds before and I’ve never had these problems so I asked him if he couldn’t please come pick them up but he kept reading my messages and ignoring me then when I called him he blocked my number so I messaged him on my other number laws showing te sale of an ill animal is prohibited and sent him proof of his false advertising (saying they were “excellent healthy birds”) proof fm their illness and he blocks me again. I feel scammed and according to the law he I is obligated to refund me for the birds and any medical expenses but I don’t know know where to report him or what to do about it. Any suggestions would  be greatly appreciated. Thank you 
    • well anyway. as its the same email then and not directed at them to pay no its not correct they have done it under gdpr etc etc.   so regarding the debt. what readings prior to this have you been sending? to prove this billing is correct or not  have regularly sent them before  and is the estimated readings higher than your actual usage. when does the debt First date back too aswell        
    • More than 364,000 cases of fraud were recorded to the National Fraud Database in 2019 - the highest ever recorded View the full article
    • If its a domestic address and a normal account, thought they could only bill who is on the Tenancy agreement or Mortgage, as isn't a Tenancy in Common. if Joint tenancy and other party gone, didn't think children who have gained majority can be held liable, as not on any paperwork, apart from Electoral roll.  Is a Lodger liable?
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
        • Thanks
      • 16 replies
Forest Dave

Initial Stages of Querying Cahoot Flexi Loan

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3177 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

I have dipped in and out of this site for a while and am aware that this subject has been covered before. However, I need to untangle all of the info I have read as I am now at the stage where I feel I need to contact Cahoot/Santander about my flexi loan which I have had since 2001.

As we all know, the interest charges are ridiculously high and I am a fool for not getting on with this earlier but I feel

that I really should not be paying so much interest!!!

I really just need to know what the appropriate stages of dealing with this issue ought to be:

Should I write, in the first instance to Santander (at the Bradford address) as the address for Cahoot in Coventry seems to be useless, as per other threads. In this letter, I was going to explain that I feel the interest charges are unreasonable and that I would like to revert to the original interest rate and to have the excess interest credited back to my account.

Or, should I first write and ask for the CCA (enclosing the £1.00 postal order) and go from there?

Apologies for going back over old ground for some of you (hopefully!) reading this thread but I am not 100% 'up to speed' with the protocols and terms used in these circumstances.

Hoping that someone can point me in the right direction!?

Hi Forest

Welcome to CAG

I would go for reducing the interest first, then failing that ask for your Agreement. Interest rates should be at an all time low.

Heres some useful guidance.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/credit-card-interest-rate-increases

thanks for the quick reply:-)

I'll go for the interest reduction firts and see what happens and will update when they reply (assuming they will)

As I am pursuing this issue with Cahoot can someone advise what CCA is an abbreviation for?

I am really miffed with them as they are slow in responding to any correspondence.

Sorry another question.I am continuing to pay my repayments per month however the amount of the debt is

not reducing by much as the interest charge is so high.Do I still continue to pay the minimum amount each month.

CCA is an abbreviation of Consumer Credit Agreement.

Patfla - if you can, keep paying the amount each monh if you can. I am, so as not to jeopardise my credit rating or to incur any extra charges. how far along with your complaint are you?

Just to keep this updated: My letter was signed for just a day or two afte rposting but no reply in the post yet. Anyone have any thoughts on how long I should let then have to respond?

Hi dave i also have the same problem as you , and spoke to santander customer services on the phone who turned me down flat about reducing the interest rates saying that it was all part of the terms and conditions and said they had done nothing wrong(i asked if he had a copy of the terms anad conditions of the flexible loan and he said no but as he had worked in banking all his life he knew what he was talking about and terms and conditions between banks were relatively the same) .They did say that the rate is no longer variable and is now fixed at 21.9 PCT for the term of the loan, which is the highest rate it has ever been.The customer services representative said they would send me a letter telling me of their decision and that they would also send a leaflet saying who to complain to next.when I received this there was a number for santander complaints which I rang and although the person I spoke to agreed with me that the rates were disgustingly high and unjust as I had already been turned down by customer services he couldn't help me and I would have to write to the banking ombudsman about this .there has been a case when a newspaper got involved and cahoot

paid back the difference between the original interest rate and the new one , I believe my 1st interest rate was below 6 percent so amount could be pretty substantial but believe this is few and far between.I will be looking out for your case and see how you get on as have not wrote to the banking ombudsmen yet as have heard they are a waste of time and it could take over6 months just for a reply.

Thanks for taking an interest:-)

I can imagine just how unhelpful they were on the 'phone from reading a few other threads on this site :|

Sadly, there has not been much progress to report since I last posted. I sent a second letter and this time I sent it direct to Santander, marked for the attention of the complaints team. I checked royal mail track & trace service last week and 2 weeks form posting my letter was still in the delivery process :evil: I was going to chase this via RM but given the Xmas period was looming and then my wife and son both becoming ill with flu it all has taken a back seat.

I shall be chasing it up in January though.

I too have heard that the Ombudsman is pretty much a waste of space too. However, I guess it is all part of the 'game' and I shall repost here when/if Santander deign to reply to my letter...if it ever arrives in the post!!!

I have been turned down flat with Santander accepting no responibility whatsoever.

There has indeed been a success via a reporter with a national newspaper.

I pose the question if everybody has the same interest rate applied across the board

then there may be grounds for discrimination.(i.e. if a person has the same blanket rate

and is succesful in reducing etc why is that not applied across the board).

F.S.A.IS MY NEXT STEP

I received a letter dated 24 Dec 2010 but received afair few days later which has thanked me for contacting Santander with my concerns.

they will be writing to me once they have investigated my case and will advise me of the outcome. Also they've given me al eaflet on how to complain and how to contact the Ombudsman if I so wish.

I am expecting a refusal but will further update once they have written to me.....

Refused!

Got a polite but waffle filled letter back that basically advised me that the APr was detailed as variable on the T&Cs that Cahoot sent me and that this was prior to the loan being transferred to Santander.

The statement that I requested will only go back to March 2010 because this is when Santander took ownership of the loan and this is still ye to tbe received by me....

I am going ot have to do some more digging on the previous cases that have been succesful and see how I can proceed from here. Any thoughts will be appreciated!

CCA is an abbreviation of Consumer Credit Agreement.

Patfla - if you can, keep paying the amount each monh if you can. I am, so as not to jeopardise my credit rating or to incur any extra charges. how far along with your complaint are you?

For the last 3 months my interest rate has been reduced to zero per cent.They stated when I phoned them that they hasd looked at my payments and decided to reduce it from the high rate o zero.

I have now cotacted them in writing twice to ask them

a.Are they accepting responsibility and accepting that what they were doing was wrong

b.From what date does the 0% come into effect

Tehy have not answered yet,needless to say....will keep you updated.

For the last 3 months my interest rate has been reduced to zero per cent.They stated when I phoned them that they hasd looked at my payments and decided to reduce it from the high rate o zero.

I have now cotacted them in writing twice to ask them

a.Are they accepting responsibility and accepting that what they were doing was wrong

b.From what date does the 0% come into effect

Tehy have not answered yet,needless to say....will keep you updated.

Patfla, interesting post, I have not contacted them yet, but ive noticed over the past months statements that interest rate is 0 %