style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4917 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

THanks for the replies everyone.

I did as was suggested and asked to speak to someone higher up and with some degree of success. I explained my circumstances and also informed them of my wifes pregnancy and a gall stone illness that she has at the moment. The council official told me he would suspend all action on the account for 6 weeks and then review the account again when the council tax claim has been processed and if any outstanding balance has been reduced.

Hopefully that should be the end of the matter but I am still keeping my doors locked and car parked away from the house just in case, for at least the next few days.

In the poop without a scoop....

Are you likely to to get full remission of your CT. If not it may still be a good idea to start paying something as it could be you will be back in this same situation in a few weeks - shows willing on your behalf. Agree with what you say about keeping a tight lid on things. It may also pay you to check progress once a week to make sure you are not forgotten about, getting your Councillor onboard will also help.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you likely to to get full remission of your CT. If not it may still be a good idea to start paying something as it could be you will be back in this same situation in a few weeks - shows willing on your behalf. Agree with what you say about keeping a tight lid on things. It may also pay you to check progress once a week to make sure you are not forgotten about, getting your Councillor onboard will also help.

PT

The CAB reckon I am entitlede to full remission but they dont think it will be backdated pre October so I will still have around £450 to pay but I have already paid £250 since the start of the new financial year so should only be left with around £200 to pay and I reckon I can clear that off in the 6 weeks easily.

In the poop without a scoop....