Advice needed on Egg loan.....

problemsfrompast

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Found this forum recently and this is my first post.

I have an Egg loan which dates back to 2003, it was defaulted in 2003 and has since dropped of my CR. I have various other debts but egg is the largest.

For reasons which I wont go into I have buried my head in the sand when it has come to my finances and have just started to try and deal with them. I'm looking at all the different options on how to address the debt. The first thing i noticed is that it had dropped of my file, i then checked to see when last written acknowledgement/payment was made to find out when it became SB (in 2yrs).

I have not heard from egg (other than standard annual loan statement) or DCA regarding this debt for nearly 18 months. I am thinking that I do nothing and wait for it to become SB.

My worry is that egg will decide to proceed with court action and try to obtain a CCJ, therefore resetting the clock for SB.

Does anybody have any experience of Egg not chasing the a loan for this long and then either selling it on or going to court?

Any advice would be gratefully received