Collect Services parking ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4923 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please please can someone advise if this is allowed:

I have today received a hand posted letter from collect services to collect the amount of £267.61

Fair enough, its for a parking ticket which I contested with the council, it was then past to these guys.

What I am most upset about is the charges, as follows

charge notice £105

court fee £5

bailiffes costs £157.61 yeah you read it write there!!!!!

total due £267.61

ok i thought the fee had to be proportionate to the actual debt but this is actually nearly 150% of the original debt

Is this enforcable????

Please help asap as they want me to contatc them in 24 hours

How did the council respond when you contested it?

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

They sent it to an independant company who checks them over and unfortunalty for me, they upheld the councils decision.

I have actually now just spoken to the bailiffe and he says the fee is charged for intent of taking my car which he hasnt yet but is this allowed.

They sent it to an independant company who checks them over and unfortunalty for me, they upheld the councils decision.

And what correspondence did you get and what did you do with it.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

It was from the traffic penalty tribunal who had rejected my claim, I then contacted the council and asked if i could pay but was then told they had sent the bailfiffe company, didnt here anything for a while and today the bailff turns up and says, "the fee was for attempted levy of my car" which may I add is still on the road outside my house.

Can they charge for this when techincally they havent even taken the car

All help is appreciated

It was from the traffic penalty tribunal who had rejected my claim, I then contacted the council and asked if i could pay but was then told they had sent the bailfiffe company,

But the Traffic Penalty Tribunal must have given you time to pay, there should have then been a charge certificate and an order for recovery - did you get these and what did you do with them?

The only letter I had was advising me that the appeal had been dismissed. I thought I should have received more than this. Yeah now come to think of it, I didnt actually receive a charge certificate or anything else after may13 2010.

The letter from the baliff indicates the council tried to contact me 3 times before, If so then I never received anything and the only corrospondance I have had is the result from the tribunal and nothing else.

So your saying if i had this then i could of payed the debt off without all this stress???