Please help Re: Paypal/Ebay?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right, this is a long story...

I found a pram on Ebay, claiming to be BNIB, for auction. I messaged the seller to ask if she had a buy it now price in mind, she messaged back and said she would accept £250 plus £15 postage.

I used the Paypal app for iPhone to send her the money using her email address. Little did I know at the time but the app records all payments sent as personal payments, and not payments for goods or services. This basically means I can't open a buyer dispute to get my money back.

Well, she never sent the pram, and she admitted as much via ebay message. She offered to refund me, but said her paypal account was frozen due to some negative freedback she had been given that day about selling items multiple times. So I spoke to Paypal who said that if she emailed or rang them, they would action the refund regardless of the status if her account. I emailed her with this info, and have heard nothing since.

I a furious, because this is all because of the Paypal app for iPhone. Ii have emailed a complaint to Paypal but have heard nothing as yet.

I have emailed her countless times and even called but just get and answering machine. I have her full name, town and postcode, along with landline phone number, but no street address.

What do I do now? I really just want my money back and forget the whole thing!

Hi MrsN

Welcome to CAG

The guys will assist shortly. I think it might be an idea to see if you can track down the street address. You are going to have to send LBA letters to her.

Letter Before Action

This letter needs to be amended as you haven't received the goods, but thats the sort of letter you can send.

The letter needs details added to it. Reading your post earlier, it sounds like she was selling one product to several

different people. So she never had the stock in the first place.

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/after_you_buy/making-complaint/template-letters/dsr_letter/