Misled by private car seller

chris.davis

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3978 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

This is my first post regarding a car i bought at the weekend. The private seller stated in his advert the car had cruise control and electronic stability control ( two expensive options which i wanted ). I asked him before i went to see the car if there had been any accident damage and he informed there had been and a new bumper and head light were replaced. To cut a long story short i bought the car only to find when i got home the car had neither of the factory options ( yes, i had forgotten to check in my haste to buy the car! ) and that it looks like the bonnet and one front wing had been replaced as well, not just the bumper and headlight as stated. I had an HPI report of the car before i went to see it and this was clear, the car had not been written off, just accident damaged. I intend to keep the car but do i have any rights in claiming any compensation when his advert clearly stated that factory options were on the car when they were not?. He also misled me about the amount of accident damage ( he obviously knew what parts had to be replaced ). Is my first port of call Trading Standards? Any advice given would be very much appreciated, i realise i have missed some important datails in buying the car but i also feel very disappointed with this devious seller.

Regards Chris