Consolidation of Accounts & Offers - Advice needed please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I could do with some advice with regards a lloyds Tsb debt that has been passed through many DCA's

It consists of 2 overdrafts, 2 personal loans that lloyds closed and consolidated into one account and gave it a new account number.

- The debt then got passed to BLS, at this point I sent a CCA request and placed the account in dispute.

The account then was sent on to SCM solicitors, I informed them of the account was in dispute they sent me a letter stating all collection activity had stopped and would find the documents requested.

A couple of months passed nothing, then out of the blue Allied international credit started chasing the debt, I informed them of the status. They stopped collection I got a few letters from lloyds tsb complaints department and a copy of some generic terms and condiitons. the account then went to Robinson way again I told them the account was indispute a few letters backwards and forwards later they returned the account to lloyds. during this period I got some statments from the old account numbers for the loans and overdfafts showing the balance as zero. Now I have credit security limited chasing this debt, I have informed them that the account remains indispute and they have sent me a letter stating that collection activity is suspended while the agrement is being located.

I need some advice on:

- is consolidating these debts legal and does it make them un-enforceable?

- Is this normal practice for Lloyds to send a debt this far down the DCA route before legal action?

- I'm worried about this as it is quite a large debt and if they do get a CCJ I'm worried about putting my house at risk.

- would it predujdice me if I made an offer of monthly repayment?

- I did recieve a substantial reduction for a full and final, they knocked off over 10k, could I make a 'without predjudice offer to pay this off in instalments?

I know lots of questions but I'm really unsure which direction to go with this

any leecher that offers a discount is only doing so because they know its unenforceable..

time to totally ignore everything now

they've had their 15mins of your time

nothing they can do to you

they have no legal powers at all

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...