style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3766 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I really don't understand this thread being deleted as this forum is here to help the consumer and boy did that thread help the consumer, along with providing evidence for those pursuing court action against them.

Can we not have it put back on minus the comments that have obviously caused some concern?

These companies are making peoples lives hell and they need stopping NOT protection!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I agree they obviously did not like what was said the truth always hurts.

As stated last time, the thread breached the site rules. Please re-familiarise yourselves with them. It's very possibe to raise concerns about organisations without putting our forum at risk of legal action.

Best wishes,

Seq.

Taken from the BBC website:

It is a law created to protect individuals or organisations from unwarranted, mistaken or untruthful attacks on their reputation. This means the publication of any statement which:

•Exposes them to hatred, ridicule or contempt

•Causes them to be shunned or avoided

•Discredits them in their trade, business or profession

•Generally lowers them in the eyes of right thinking members of society

Posting a defamatory statement on an internet message board or community area is the same as publishing it in a newspaper or magazine and can result in a court case if a formal complaint is made. Both the publisher (in this case the BBC) and the author (you) risk being sued for making a defamatory statement. And there is no Legal Aid for defamation.

It is a law created to protect individuals or organisations from unwarranted, mistaken or untruthful attacks on their reputation. This means the publication of any statement which:

Posting a defamatory statement on an internet message board or community area is the same as publishing it in a newspaper or magazine and can result in a court case if a formal complaint is made. Both the publisher (in this case the BBC) and the author (you) risk being sued for making a defamatory statement. And there is no Legal Aid for defamation.

So once someone has taken them to court it will be fine to post the truth here?

Edited by geee

So once I've taken them to court it will be fine to post the truth here?

As long as your post is a fair reflection of what happened then certainly.

The problem with many of the threads that get pulled is that the language used is inflammatory.

For example, if you said Sequenci is a scammming thief and a total liar that could be a little bit naughty. Setting out the facts is great, and often the best way to offer advice & support for the rest of the CAG membership. The key problem is that the defamation laws we have are old and draconian and favour those with very deep pockets.

For the record I hate moderating. It's often akin to walking along a minefied. And I'm as clumsy as they get!

Best wishes,

Seq.

• 4 weeks later...
So once someone has taken them to court it will be fine to post the truth here?

We're still fighting, and will update a factual acount when we get to court with them. Take a stand against any company who thinks they are untouchable by the law... and trust me when i say... Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!!!!!

mayi ask

WHAT CASE LAW ARE WE TALKING ABOUT

IVE NO INTEREST IN THE THREAD

JUST THE CASE LAW

• 4 months later...