Unemployment benefit Entitlement

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3617 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have been out of work since April this year and up to now have only found 2 months temporary work. Still unemployed and only entitled to NI based contributions which everyone is entitled to for 6 months only after this you get nothing the reason being I live with a partner who is meant to keep me although his wages cannot cover all the bills, mortgage, food, debts of his own and debts of mine.

Am I entitled to claim anything, I don't want to claim anything but its not through the lack of me trying to get work, its getting me down the £64.00 per month pays for my mobile and some of my debts, plus whatever women need and a packet of tobacco.

Can anyone advise what I can do to survive. I am trying desperately to find work anything but maybe because of my age I feel I am being left on the scrap heap.

regards,

Mashmallow:-(

Fully understand what you are saying here. I have been unemployed since January now and not for the want of trying. I have been employed pretty much most of my working life (im now 37) and after receiving jsa for 6 months i get nothing as my wife works full time despite the fact she is left without a penny once everything is paid!! now some people might get a bee in their bonnet over this but it really p***es me off that there are people out there that claim benefits and have done all their life and others who feel they just cant be bothered working and im sure i have contributed to their benefit along the way so can someone somewhere give me and others in the same situation a straight answer as to why we are not entitled to receive anything despite providing enough over the years????

Sorry stealing your subject page Rant over

Hi,

Thanks for replying, In the eyes of the law your wife works so you get nothing so basically she has to keep you, what bull****. I have worked since I was 16 and now 54 contributed to all and sundry that has come over and ponsed and even them over here and get nothing in return.

The law is an arse, I am not married to my partner not is the mortgage on my name so I have no security as to speak in the eyes of the law, he could kick me out and I would have to fight for my share of the property, although he is not nasty to do that, but the law fits when he although no committment legally he has to keep me. I could really freak out on here but I would get told off. I just read the Dail Mail and could not beleive what is going on in our country people immigrants living in mansions getting benefits over the average wage and complaining. never done a days work to support this country and they get rewarded. There must be an answer to all this, I hate this country they have abused the working class and go on doing so.

Lets see what this wonderful fairy tale government does for us ( sweet nothing) but look after the other countries and we pea brains have to put up with it. No wonder we cannot get a job the migrants have seen to that.

Best of luck

Mashmallow