• Tweets

• Wayne Ting, chief executive of e-scooter firm Lime, says there's room for improvement. View the full article
    • If you are absolutely certain* that you were parked OK, write a letter of complaint to the Headteacher and copy in the Chair of the school governors.   If you or the car were identifiable in any way from the photo (eg visible registration number, driver's face etc) I would very politely write that you resent the untrue suggestion that you had parked/had stopped/were waiting in a way that contravened any traffic regulations, and that you are sure that the school will understand that you would like an apology and a correction to be printed in the next newsletter.  (You can also clearly state that you were identifiable from the photo because other parents have mentioned it to you).   See if that works.   You don't want to go to court for defamation as you'll need access to about £10k in fees before you get out of bed.  You just want an apology and a correction.  If what you've told us is accurate, I don't see any reasonable school failing to say sorry.     *My wife is a former school governor and my experience listening to her is that very very few parents actually understand the meaning of the no stopping/no waiting signs and road markings outside schools.  Don't complain unless you are sure you weren't stopped where you shouldn't have been.
    • And they haven't offered a speed awareness course either?  (Have you done one in the last three years or is this in Scotland?)   And is one of the notices for 34 in a 30?  As Man in the Middle says, that ought to be below the level at which they take action.   (And sorry - I don't want to appear preachy - but...  there don't have to be any warnings or signs or lines on the road to advise you of the presence of speed cameras.  If you get away with an exceptional hardship argument you will need to stick to speed limits in future - whether you know there are cameras there or not.  NB Don't know if this applies to you, but most 30 mph limits are restricted roads with a system of streetlighting and don't even need speed limit signs - you are assumed to know this from the Highway Code).
    • It's up to you if you want to pay £300 you don't owe plus whatever Unicorn Food Tax with no basis in law whatsoever that they will have made up in the Letter Before Claim.   We'd prefer you didn't.   But you have received a LBC so it's make your mind up time.   So please    - post up photos of the signage in the dark that you'll have taken two months ago (post 14)    - post up details of planning permission for their signs you'll have found out after you got onto the council, again two months ago (again post 14)    - also let us know if you agree with Brassnecked's excellent letter or if you'd like to tweak bits depending on what you've found out    - upload the LBC.  Some of them are appallingly drafted and invariably contain Unicorn Food Tax which is all useful extra ammo    - also, where are you living now (post 35) and are you comfortable with legal communications arriving at your parents'?   If you look in our PPC Successes thread at the top of the page, you will see 275 times these cheats have been seen off with their tails between their legs (and all had the same "well known legal companies" (ho! ho!) on hand).  In reality 275 times is a massive underestimate, in all 275 cases there was a "moment of victory" IYSWIM where the PPC were thrashed in court or discontinued a claim or were called off by a supermarket chain, etc., etc.  There will have been at least that number again where they were told to Foxtrot Oscar and then crawled back under their stone.  They are eminently beatable but logically when you're in legal dispute you have to put some graft in to beat the other party.
  • Our picks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3367 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just make one more post – when you have 20, you’re in.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

I expect the NOA came from HFO and NOT barclaycard. removed as otriginal post.

Please lose that bit...! HFO sending an NOA is a fully acceptable practice, if it is done with the permission or at the request of the OC. Claiming it actually came from the OC is not, however.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

Either resave as JPEGs and use photobucket, or hit the ‘Go Advanced’ button in the reply box and then ‘Manage Attachments’. Upload the files and they will come up as attachments when you post.

Can you post the NoA from Barclaycard, saying when the account was sold? This is important. As it was September 2007, it was sold to HFO Capital Cayman (or maybe even Roxburghe...). I note they do not mention HFO Capital Ireland in this letter. We need to see the letter supposedly sent by Barclaycard.

i spoke to experian
link3.gif
regarding sending out copies of my credit file and they are dealing with that as they said it was breaching data protection laws

It would be worth getting this in writing as the CRAs seem to think that doing this is OK. There is another thread on this very subject I will find for you.

At your Service

Please Double click the Star and leave a message if I have helped you

Please support CAG and they will support you.

Images 1 and 5 seem to be the same letter, I think that the 72 hour letter is now missing.

At your Service

Please Double click the Star and leave a message if I have helped you

Please support CAG and they will support you.