• Tweets

• Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3337 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Chances? Same as West Ham’s of winning the Premiership.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i know they did sent prinouts but omitted the 2007 when they said it was sold i have given paul hart a list of what i had written in the letters and he said are disputing the acoount and i said i am just exercising my right under the data protection act he he

They have to supply you with a copy of the Terms and Conditions they have supplied to HFO and anything relating to this - as said, keep on at them. Sounds like they are panicking a bit?

At your Service

Please Double click the Star and leave a message if I have helped you

Please support CAG and they will support you.

yes coledog i dont think i can much more now and will hope i get a phonecall tomorrow with news that the info has been sent out

If not, you could always phone again, thanks for the new contact.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Subbing. I think I have recieved one of those computer printouts mentioned. All conversations tend to come under memos. Notice how thay have a deletion date for " non essential data". I think if there are years missing it is because there has been no correspondence between yourselfs at that time.

Subbing. I think I have recieved one of those computer printouts mentioned. All conversations tend to come under memos. Notice how thay have a deletion date for " non essential data". I think if there are years missing it is because there has been no correspondence between yourselfs at that time.

Earlier Barclaycard SAR printouts included info to who the account was sold, recently these have been missing.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Thing is that delete button is selective as to what it deletes.

HFO on the other hand has a create button (allegedly)

... which is interesting, because it’s not a collection agency at all!

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

BC do seem to get a bit 'confused' about who actually owns or is collecting on their accounts!

At your Service

Exactly. Clearly they have very poor records of who they sell accounts to. I just hope they do not alter records to show what HFO wants rather than what they can be sure is true.

BC do seem to get a bit 'confused' about who actually owns or is collecting on their accounts!

Welcome Finance seem to have the same problem. Funny thing is both BC and Welcome say speak to HFO for the info.

Sounds like hand washing to me.

Hand washing? Don’t think HFO is a smell you can get rid of that easily.

I think we need more complaints to the ICO about Barclaycard’s failures in providing information only they can know and are obliged to disclose in an SAR.

Good idea - I have told a few people to contact ICO and to threaten BC with this but the CAG guidance is to threaten a court order and ICO are saying that there is a two month wait to get a complaint dealt with!

At your Service

You can complain the ICO and take them to Court.

I think taking them to Court is quicker - but a complaint to the ICO can make BC "correct" any errors in their process. Also if the ICO find in your favour it is more ammunition if you also want to take BC to court for breaches of the DPA.

So in short - i would advise they do both. BUT you can not complain to the ICO untill you have given BC, or any other creditor, the full 40 days to comply.

There is also the matter of a large fine if ICO find against them

At your Service

ok guys i have an update for you which i think you will find interesting.. after i spoke to paul hart he told me that he had ordered A review of what barclaycard had sent me so far and will then send any info missing in the next few days.... today i recieved a letter from barclaycard basically saying that everything they have sent so far is all the info they hold on me and an explanantion of each of the points i have raised in earlier letter of what is missing from my SAR request there is no mention of hfo and they say the account is being held by mercers who are acting on behalf of them ...included in the letter is a copy of the same agreement that hfo sent me..

Mercers - oooh! I told you that BC are confused about who has what. Are you able to scan up the letter with personal details removed?

At your Service