hfo services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4608 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Send off the CCA request and see what is returned, wait about 3 weeks and then send the Account in Dispute letter. Let us know if you get anything back.

To take court action they need to produce an enforcable agreement. The documents from the SAR are also very important particularly any default notices, statements and who exactly this debt was sold to and when.

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rather looking forward to all the replies.

Don’t expect anything much from the OFT, as they can’t look at individual complaints; but your file will get stacked up with all the other complaints against HFO/TR (and they are legion).

Well, that’s only five years; if you are in Scotland, five is enough.

That’s why the SAR is so important – the statements will show exactly when the last payment was made. Normally, default by Barclaycard would be two or three months afterwards, but it’s the date of the last payment or acknowledgment that counts, not the actual default date.

HFO are probably getting active on accounts like yours because they have let them lie for three years, and are getting jumpy about them becoming SB. Hence their aggression, IMO.

as soon as i get any replies from anywhere will post them here i spoke to a guy at experian
link3.gif
who told me to send copies of what HFO sent me to him and he will be speaking to his managers about it

Yes - but they could come back and say it is OK for HFO to do this - Equifax did with me at first, have a look at the other thread I sent you and the econsumerview Terms and Conditions - there is a template there to complain.

Enjoy the Bingo and don't worry!

donate

this debt maybe more than 6 years
link3.gif
old i have just looked on my credit file
link3.gif
and it was defaulted in 2005.

HFO could come back and claim payments were made to them, 2007 seems to be a favourite year but they would need to prove this.

The CCA request is good place to start until you get more info back about this.

donate

• 3 weeks later...
You should also complaint to OFT (by email sending them scans of your documents) and ring Consumer Direct to report to trading standards (tell them HFO have addreses in Wimbledon, West Byfleet and Croydon).

The 72 hour rubbish is particularly offensive as it is threatening legal action without any proof and even contains a Court Services Leaflet !!!

You may also report the access to your credit report and use of it to the ICO.

That Court services leaflet may not have been copied in it's entirity. The one I recieved some time back wasn't, and I spoke to HMRC regarding this, they were very interested, and informed me it was breach of their copyright rules for any leaflet to be reproduced in a misleading manner. Hfo conveniently left out several paragraphs, and rephrased sentence in a threatening manner. Unfortunately, due to a serious decline in my health, I wasn't able to chase it up at the time. Sorry, no help to you, but worth knowing they can be reported to HMRC if the leaflet was not printed as it appears on the HMRC wbsite.

hello jus seen your message donkeyb and has it happens i have just recieved another 72 hour notice letter this morning its the same letter as the last one with my credit report and hmrc leaflets only this time they say they are going to ask for an order to obtain information... updates so far are this letter nothin from barclaycard as yet and i had an email from consumer direct who have given outlines of the rules they have breached and told they have informed trding standards. the ico have said they cannot deal with individual cases but my complaint has been kept on file and nothin from experian yet.. sorry it been so long to reply

You need to forward a copy of that letter and the leaflet with a complaint to HMCS (see one of the post above) Also send a further complaint to OFT as it says 'when we have obtained judgement.....'

Did you send the CCA request and SAR letters??

donate