hfo services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good SAR letter to send to BC - send recorded with postal order for £10 - the address is at the bottom

[your address]

[their address]

[DATE]

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx (or multiple numbers if more than one account)

Please supply me with copies of all the data which you hold on me in relation to any matter and in any form and for any period of time.

Please note that I require disclosure of any personal data which you hold on me for the entire period of my dealings with you.

The Subject Access is not limited to my transaction history and it is not limited merely to 6 years of historical information.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

Yours faithfully,

[signature ] (put crosses thu it)

[name]

BARCLAYCARD

Data Protection Team

Dept LRC

Northampton

NN4 7SG

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

Link to thread on Experian complaints - Please see if you can get a response in writing and post it up on this thread - very important to stop HFO abusing this service and peoples data

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?280552-HFO-Services-now-using-e-consumerview-reports-to-encourage-payment&highlight=

donate

Back to HFO - I would suggest that you send them a CCA request (link below) with a £1 postal order by recorded delivery.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?414-CCA-request-letter.

They have 12 working days to respond (plus 2 for postage. If they do not send a valid agreement send this which will place the account in dispute until they find an agreement:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?436-Failiure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale.

Also send this with the CCA request regarding any phone calls, if they call do not speak to them say 'in writing only - go away'.:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?493-Harassment-by-telephone-response-letter

donate

You should also complaint to OFT (by email sending them scans of your documents) and ring Consumer Direct to report to trading standards (tell them HFO have addreses in Wimbledon, West Byfleet and Croydon).

The 72 hour rubbish is particularly offensive as it is threatening legal action without any proof and even contains a Court Services Leaflet !!!

You may also report the access to your credit report and use of it to the ICO.

donate

Link to OFT - you can complain by email (attach scans) or by post. They do not give individual help but deal with DCAs not abiding by their guidelines which are on the site also

http://www.oft.gov.uk/contactus

You should ring Consumer Direct and ask them to get Trading Standards to contact you (make it clear that you want to make a complaint)

ICO also have a website and you can email or write to them.

donate

The 72 hour letter says “when we obtain judgment...”

That is a threat. To obtain judgment, they have to win in court. There is no certainty of that, so this is a blatant threat and lie – they are implying they will win and you have no hope. This is strictly against the OFT guidelines.

No doubt HFO will claim some linguistically-challenged geezer in India wrote this and it was an admin error...

But do raise these specific points in your complaint, and refer to breaches of OFT guidelines. We’ll post the specific offences if you want. Attached are the guidelines.

oft664 DC Guidelines.pdf

ty for all your help which trading standards should i complain to

Your local TS, and copy the complaint to London Borough of Merton TS. If you do it by letter, you can bypass jobsworth idiots who can’t be bothered to do any work (God help us all when TS take on the duties of the OFT et al). This most certainly is an issue for trading standards.

This is the link for Merton Trading Standards, this is because HFO are run by Turnbull Rutherford in Wimbledon. You have to email or write to them.

Consumer Direct were OK with me and passed the complaint to Merton, Woking and Croydon (I gave them all 3 addresses) plus local TS - they must have had their redundancy notices.

http://www.merton.gov.uk/working/tradingstandards.htm

donate