HFO Services/Barclaycard Debt

twincity
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

"Have they sent statements of the account when it was with Barclaycard?" No

"Have you rung Barclaycard and asked when the last payment was made to them and who exactly they sold this account to and when?" No I haven't rung them but it was passed to moorcroft debt recovery in Stockport(?), and I was making payments but they were not reducing the balance so I stopped paying them - simplez (sorry couldn't resist). I have made no payment re this debt since 23-07-2003 (I still have the Postal Order stub)

"can you read the terms and conditions - or is the quality you have in your possession as bad as those on here?" Pretty bad - if I squint can just bout read it

"Also - as CD points out - there appears to be no statements. They have failed to comply with your cca request - re-send them the account in dispute letter."

Already done - first sent 03-12-2011 & 01-01-2012 second sent recorded.

sorry if this is getting confusing, but I'm trying to reply to all questions.

P.S. thanks for all the help so far :-)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had another look at this and what is striking is the fact that you think this is SB but HFO claim a payment was made in 2007.

I think that you need to write to TR and say:

' I acknowledge no debt to your company or Client'

I wrote to you on (date) to inform you that the last payment of this alleged debt was made over six years ago and no further acknowledgement or payment has been made since that time. Unless you can provide evidence of payment or written contact from me in the relevant period under Section 5 of the Limitation Act, we suggest that you are no longer able to take any court action against me to recover the alleged amount claimed. ( copy of letter enclosed)

To date you have not provided any proof of payment made after this date.

I have also requested a copy of the agreement for this account but you have failed to respond to this correctly under OFT guidelines so are in default of my valid CCA s78 request.

Please consider that this account is in dispute for the reasons stated above and any attempted to take legal action will be vigorously defended

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

I still think that you should ring Barclaycard and see what they know. Ask them when last payment was made and who exactly they sold this too and when.Barclaycard recoveries 0844 556 0066

2003 to 2007 seems like a long gap. I presume that the previous DCAs were collecting on behalf of Barclays.

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

I still think that you should ring Barclaycard and see what they know. Ask them when last payment was made and who exactly they sold this too and when.Barclaycard recoveries 0844 556 0066

2003 to 2007 seems like a long gap. I presume that the previous DCAs were collecting on behalf of Barclays.

Agree - the other DCA would have been collecting on behalf of BC - so Barclays will be able to confirm the last pament date.