jeskageorge

BT Deleited 2 years of e-mails !! help....

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3572 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

After 4 years of having no option but sit on my roof to get Mobile broadband. BT Infinity came to my village and our lives are changed!

Despite 2 near breakdowns of dealing with BT in the past we took the plunge and signed up. ( we have an online buisness) and the small chance it would go smoothly was to tempting.

One week ago all was up and running ( despite a huge pile of wires stuffed behind our front door) very messy.

We had a problem straight away as our Mac would lock up if we attempted to view e-mails on a mobile at the same time ( somthing we do always) They told me after two hour conversation and a screen share. That you can not have two people looking t the same server at the same time -- I know this is rubbish as i can use my laptop next to the mac and work on e-mails. The problem is my mobile. anyway i went to a level 3 incompadant person and am still awaiting a ringback.......

Yesterday I watched 2000 e-mails dissapear from my pc. Disaster!!!

After a 2 hour conversation and another computer share. I witnessed the lady operating my mac untick a box stating - 'Delete all e-mails after 1 week. '

She then promised that it wouldnt happen again.

When I explained that this is my work and to be told they are ' just gone' will not surfice, her answer was - "Its a bit like when you die - when you have gone you have gone'!!"

I spoke to her supervisor then got transfered to UK again to complaints, of which I regestered my complaint. ( still waiting a ringback)

My question to anyone who can help is ---

BT lost all my e-mails. It was their fault. The e-mails equate to 2 years work. I have 2 girls who work for me who are not in today as they can not work now.

What can i do??

BT tell me they can not put them back on the server - Why did they take them off??

Who can i go to for answers. This is a huge problem for me and will result in a loss of jobs.

Any help of directions will be really really helpful.

Many thanks jayne

Hi Jes

Thats very careless of BT, no doubt in their term and conditions they got escape clauses when they make mistakes. BT is full of Customer Service people who really haven't got a clue. I wouldn't bother going around the house's. I'd send Ian Livingston, Chief Executive of BT an E-mail. ian.livingston@bt.com Telling him whats happen, and what you want done about it. It might be an idea to speak to the ICO and get their take on the situation, https://www.ico.gov.uk/Global/contact_us.aspx