UnmoderatetheNet

5 Year Address History & Basic CRC

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3568 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

URGENT.

Can anyone answer this question.

My sister has an interview tomorrow for a customer service position, its not with a bank and she is not giving any financial advice.

The mobile phone company in question tell her that they are going to run a very basic credit check because she is dealing with peoples accounts.

They told her and I quote 'its a credit check but its not a credit check'

It will be done by experian and I need to know what it will cover. She has had a miserable time with old Mr. DCA that have sent her to the brink and back, she is only just trying to get her life in order and this could finish it again.

So my question what is a basic CRC as oppsoed to a full credit check, does it simply cover electoral registration?

it seems this is common practice now for ALL customer service positions.

Thanks

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

i would guess it does just check electoral roll and previous addresses etc.

It just checks the public data that's on your credit report. This is the electoral roll, insolvencies and judgements. The only place where you can see this is on checkmyfile, if you pick the Experian option. Everywhere else adds in all of your credit history and it's hard to tell what's public data and what's not.

I'm not convinced this is correct.

What are the various levels of experian background checks and more importantly what do they cover? I've been on experian corporate website and found nothing.

What is to stop this information being collected and forwarded to every DCA in the country?

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

Experian is a business, and for a fee will disclose information that they feel someone will buy. They will greate levels of value, and the cost based on the service supplied. You'd need to ask the name of the service they are subscribing to, then find out from the CRAs website what information this contains.

In answer to your last question - turn it on its head. If I came up with a legitimater source of data that the CRAs did NOT normally have access to, it would be sold to them, IF they want to buy it. (Look at Stubbs Gazette, for instance).