open a free basic bank account at HSBC.some doubts.

britpoprule
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4927 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

this morning I went to the Barclays bank close to the place where I live.

I thought it was easier to open a free basic account.

The custumer gave me some materials and told me to compile it and send everything to a certain address by post.

They told me I need a proof of my address. I don't have one, I just have my landlord contract and they told me it's not good.

Tomorrow I go at the HSBC. I've read it's the biggest bank in the UK. I hope to have a better luck there..

ps

a free basic bank account will allow me to buy things on internet? for example a book from amazon or something from ebay?

thank you. please help me.

today I've been at the HSBC. I've open my bank account.

At the beginning I wanted to do a free basic one but unfortunately that one would have not allow me to buy things from internet...I could have use it just as a cash machine and that's it..

I've done one that makes me pay 8 pound per month.

I hope I've done the right thing.

please let me know your opinion.

Edited by britpoprule

Probably I haven't done the right thing and I'm gonna close the account.

I see there many banks that offer free basic account with more services than HSBC basic account. The HSBC is the only one who doesn't give you a debit card and don't let you have overdraft.

The man at the bank told me that with an HSBC basic account I could't do transactions online (for ex buy on ebay or amazon or pay the bills) Is it true? Is it possible that I could just receive money from my country, then take them from the cash machine and that's it?

Please let me know. I need your help as soon as you can.