They finally contacted me

Rachie1973
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4922 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took a Welcome Loan in Feb 2007. Its unsecured, and was originally for £3000.

In March 2008 our business collapsed, we lost our home as a result. My husband was declared bankrupt and we now exist on my sole wage which is considered 'low' plus numerous benefits.

I ignored Welcome the first couple of months, then they stopped phoning. About the middle of last year I decided to take the bull by the horns and deal with all the probs. lol. I sorted it all out except Welcome.... they just didn't seem to answer their phones or anything! It was so weird. I looked for them online but not too hard I admit.

Now, at last, they've phoned my mobile. They always had that number, so I've not disappeared and had them chase me down or anything. I'm on the electoral role etc.

I did tell them I was out today, I wanted time to think what I was going to offer them. And whilst it will be token, I do intend to offer something. However, I would rather do it all by post. Can I do that? I use my mobile for work and don't really want to be answering calls to debt chasers whilst working for obvious reasons.

I am curious as to why it's taken 2 years since the last payment to contact me, but thats more nosiness than anything else.

Anyway, considering my wage is about £1000 a month, and the rest of our income is made up of benefits I'm only in a position to pay them about £30 a month for now, which judging from other peoples experiences isn't going to keep them happy. Should I expect them to start banging the door soon?

Anybody's guess with welcome.

I'd offer them a quid a month personally, if you're on benefits.

You'll find a letter or two on here (might be better looking in the debt collector forum) that *should* stop them

phoning or visiting.

Edited by silverfox1961
bypassing swear filter

Carpe Jugulum

You say"I took the loan" and "our business collapsed" and "my husband was made bankrupt"

Was it not a joint loan or a business loan which could be covered by the bankruptsy??? AS you say you both worked in the business concerned and I assume the money was used in that same business.

Maybe a more experienced cagger can pick this up for more info....