please can anyone help housing benefit fraud

mummysangel

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all, please offer me some advise as im at my wits end......

ill start from the beginning i owned a house but moved away but still stayed in the house as i worked in that location and stayed there 2 days a week and rented a room out as well to a friend to help cover mortgage... next thing i find out im pregnant so i decided the wise thing todo would be todo rent the whole house out as the father who i was with at the time didnt live in the location where my house was.. please not teh rent only ever covered teh mortage.

i moved in with my mom and things fell apart between me and my ex when i was 7 months pregnant found out he was with someone else as well. I was still working at this time commuting back and forth and working a night job and staying witha friend when i worked (2days) and driving back to my moms on morning i finished. My mom at the time had just bought another property and had moved into that so the plan was i would rent her place off her untill my full maternity ran out then i woudl move back to my house get it cleaned up and sell it while i was off on maternity and rent a room to help with bills.. like most things nothing goes to plan! my son came a month early, i coudlnt get my tennants out and then i find out my house was been used as a brothel so as you can imagine i didnt want to live there with my baby... cut along story shorter i was stuck has no money and needed some place to live so i stayed on at my moms and claimed housing benefit but LIED about having a house and it been my moms even tho i paid previously as she couldnt afford to let me live there free as she had morgage to pay.

I finally get a phone late a night from my tennants telling me they had left the house they had had some trouble and the windows had been put through i travelled up ther next day and windows were boarded up and locks changed so i coudlnt get in spoke to a neighbour who said the police were involved contact them, so i did, spoke to local police station who then passed me on to the drugs inspecter who advised me the house was been used for drugs and prostitution i finally got keys and the house well you can imagine wasnt fit to live in and it scared me half to death been there.. so i had 2 options go bankrupt or sort the house out and try and sell it so i went back to work (wasnt claiming housing then) did the house in the hours i didnt work up, then teh resession hit and couldnt sell it so ended up renting again. I had been traveling back and forth to work for 18months while my son stayed with my mom so i could work and be away 3 days a week which was costing me a fortune and was gutting leaving my son i was just getting deeper in to dept and mom was too tired to have my son every week and didnt want todo it anymore.. i looked for jobs local couldnt get anything and belive me i tried everywhere even the local supermarkets so have now started my own business which i am claiming hosing benefit again till i make a living i have been doing that 3 months now and have now started making a profit and give it another 3 months and ill be owning a decent income... |But i have had a letter saying i been getting done for fraud regarding capital and im scared... Please dont judge me i worked 90 hours a week to get that house but now my sons here its impossible and self employment to me was the way forward and i know it will wor im not scared of hard work.. i have never claimed anything up to this point i have always worked and earned quite a good salary.

can anyone advise me will i go to prison/

thanks