Received someone else's CCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4930 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction?

CCA'd Roxburge on 19 August, sent them dispute letter 20 September, then have received on 22 October a copy of a signature page from someone else's account!

This is only a single page, but contains their account number and their signature.

I can see where the mistake has happened as they have switched a 0 and 9 in the account number, so there is every possibility this is still alive account.

Can anyone suggest what I should do, what I should write to them, or shall I just ignore?

Thanks

BB

Send the document (keep copies for proof) to the Information Commissioner’s Office with a complaint. This is a serious breach of the Data Protection Act.

Copy the ICO letter to the Byfleet Bandits and politely remind them the account remains in dispute, and they have failed to fulfil your legitimate request.

No reply to them sending it to their CEO by recorded delivery. It is a breach of data protection, so could be reported to the ICO. Keep a copy, just in case they just bin it to get rid of the evidence. They have failed to send your CCA, so you could view your account as being in dispute

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread