• Tweets

• what rights of access do you have on your agreement with the landlord?   i suspect you shouldn't have to pay a thing.
    • then there is your proof to them why would you pay for BB twice!!   for my notes: GENERAL NOTES ON CHARGEBACK & Continuous Payment Authority & BACS   .....  We have been telling people to put a letter into their bank instructing them  not to make any payments under any circumstances to these companies  . http://whatconsumer.co.uk/visa-debit-chargeback/- it works! usually this should be done using the number on your debit card  .  banks MUST follow written intructions from their customers ! . CANCELLING YOUR DEBIT CARD DOES NOT STOP CPA'S  .  This fsa guide has now been updated:  . http://www.fsa.gov.uk/static/pubs/consumer_info/know_your_rights_guide.pdf http://www.fca.org.uk/news/continuous-payment-authorities-your-right-to-cancel https://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/unauthorised-payments-account  .  Here's the text:  .  Cancelling a regular  card payment:  .  When you give your credit or debit card details to a company and authorise them to take regular payments from your account,   such as for a gym membership or magazine subscription,  it is known as a ‘recurring transaction’ or ‘continuous payment authority’.  . These are often confused with direct debits, but do not offer the same guarantee if the amount or date of the payment changes.  .  In most cases, regular payments can be cancelled by telling the company taking the payments.   .  However,   you have the right to cancel them directly with your bank or card issuer by telling it that you have stopped permission for the payments.   Your bank or card issuer must then stop them – it has no right to insist that you agree this first with the company taking the payments.  .  Be aware, though, that you will still be responsible for paying any money that you owe. and that CANCELLING YOUR CARD WILL NOT STOP THE CPA  .  ..  .  New june 2013  .  Regulator orders Banks and mutuals to review complaints about not cancelling recurring payments from November 2009.  .  Consumers who have set up a regular payment from their account will now be able to successfully cancel that arrangement   by contacting their card provider, the Financial Conduct Authority said.  .  The FCA has been examining how easy it is for customers to cancel Continuous Payment Authorities (CPAs)   due either to payday lendersicon or for other regular payments such as subscriptions or gymicon memberships.  .  CPAs, which are also commonly called recurring transactions or recurring payments,   are relatively easy to set up but can be hard to cancel, causing problems for consumers trying to manage their finances,the FCA said.  .  Now, following the FCA review of how the largest high street banks and mutuals process requests to cancel CPAs, they have agreed that they will ensure that when   a customer asks for a recurring payment to end, that will be sufficient to cancel the arrangement. They have also confirmed that should a payment go through by   mistake following cancellation by a customer the customer will be refunded immediately.  .  In addition to securing this commitment, the largest banks and mutuals have agreed to review every individual complaint they have received about the non-  cancellation of a CPA and to pay redress where payments have continued to be made despite the customer cancelling the arrangement. This applies to all complaints   since November 2009 when the Financial Services Authority, the FCA’s predecessor, began regulating banking conduct.  .  Clive Adamson, the FCA’s director of supervision, said: “It’s important that consumers are confident that banks are meeting their everyday banking needs. Today   customers can be confident that when they ask for a Continuous Payment Authority to be cancelled – it will be cancelled - and that it can be done easily.   . “We recognise that historically this is an area where some customers have struggled but the banks and mutuals have responded positively to our work on this issue.   From now on we expect them to be getting this right. In addition, they have committed to review past complaints.” .  .  Also mentioned your displeasure that as whomever took your money had obviously attempted this many times   probably activating your banks own anti fraud software - nobody had the decency to inform my you this was going on.? .  .In the FSA's own words:  .  ..  What should I do about a payment from my account that I didn’t authorise?  .  Your bank must refund an unauthorised transaction.   Money can only be taken from your account if you have authorised the transaction   or if your bank can prove you were at fault –  . see below.  Contact your bank immediately if you notice an unauthorised payment from your account. .  If you are sure you did not authorise the payment, you can claim a refund.  .  However, your bank does not have to refund you if you do not tell it about the payment until 13 months  or more after the date it left your account.  .  Your bank must refund an unauthorised transaction  .  ------------------  .  Your bank may only refuse a refund for an unauthorised transaction if:  .  ? it can prove you authorised the transaction  – though your bank cannot simply say that use of your password,   card and PIN proves you authorised a payment; or .  ? it can prove you are at fault because you acted fraudulently,   or because you deliberately,   or with gross negligence, failed to protect the details of your card, PIN or password in a way that allowed the transaction  .  -----------------------  .  How quickly must my bank refund me for an unauthorised transaction?  .  The bank must make the refund immediately unless it has evidence that one of the above reasons applies.   Your bank may ask you to answer some questions and fill out a form confirming what has happened,   but it cannot delay your refund while it waits for you to return the form.  If the bank has evidence that one of the above reasons for refusing a refund applies,   it may investigate before making a refund   but must look into it as quickly as possible.   If your bank rejects your claim for a refund it should explain why.  If the transaction was on a credit card, the refund may not happen immediately.   But the card issuer cannot charge interest or ask for repayment of the amount unless it can prove you are liable to pay        
    • Only asking because I want to get my facts right before I approach the bank! Yes, BT is coming out of the same account.
    • not if they want to make the OP the named claimant no!! let them take the other party to court themselves!! the op can be a witness then..   one bitten...read this thread..      
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
24233513afw

Cabot Harrassemnt for old Barclaycarddebt - in scotland - Please help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3035 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

Have been getting inundated with phone calls from Cabot Financial over the past week - 10 days couldn't understand why - until a lovely welcome letter arrived on friday stating that the have been assigned my alleged Credit Card Debit.

This Credit Card Debit iswith Barclaycard and we managed to get the charges back but still left a balance, however Barclaycard never ever sent us a copy of the CCA that we requested they had only sent us a copy of T & C which Ida had confirmed where unencforceable, did send a letter to BC stating this but they were adament they had complied....that was away back in June 2009.

Never heard a dickybird from them since June 2009 until last Friday when a letter from cabot arrived not quite sure how to reply Cabot regarding this alleged account as BC have not provided a enforceable CCA.

Can anybody help comply a letter to Cabot regarding this alleged account.

SHould I send another CCA request with £1 P.O. to Cabot

They are asking me to contact them to arrange a payment plan

Id reply with a letter along these lines....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?426-A-letter-when-the-account-has-been-passed-to-another-debt-collection-agency

The account is in dispute , no debt is acknowledged, therefore they can not sell the account on to someone else...

My Posts exist exclusively to assist me in preparing litigation against another party.

As such, it is almost certainly protected by litigation privilege.

The legal requirements for claiming litigation privilege are well established and are not in dispute.

Communication between a solicitor, or the client, or a third party will be protected by litigation privilege where the communications are for the dominent purpose of obtaining legal advice in connection with, or conducting litigation in prospect: Re: "Highgate Traders Limited (1984)"BCLC 151.

Copyright Information: All information contained in this website , Associated websites, and Forum posts are Copyright "Reclaim The Right Ltd". If you wish to use the information on this site for publication elsewhere then please email the administrator for permission.

I am aware it is an absolute pain,

with the ping pong with Barclaycard and DCAs..

.......the letter GeoffreyAlby indicates is the best to keep using....

.......if it is any help I am 18 months down the road with BC and DCAs still no agreement

,complain to OFT/FOS,

how long since you paid anything or acknowledged the debt???????????????????...

........you will probably reach the stage when BC ask YOU to prove why you should not pay them even though they cannot produce an agreement,

they really have a neck and still get away with ignoring the OFT/FOS guidelines,

we will win,i

n the mean time keep sending the account in dispute letters...............FS

Many thanks GeoffreyAlby and firstship. Letter on its way, will keep you informed.

Cheers

Good luck...............fs

Hi

Have been getting inundated with phone calls from Cabot Financial over the past week - 10 days couldn't understand why - until a lovely welcome letter arrived on friday stating that the have been assigned my alleged Credit Card Debit.

This Credit Card Debit iswith Barclaycard and we managed to get the charges back but still left a balance, however Barclaycard never ever sent us a copy of the CCA that we requested they had only sent us a copy of T & C which Ida had confirmed where unencforceable, did send a letter to BC stating this but they were adament they had complied....that was away back in June 2009.

Never heard a dickybird from them since June 2009 until last Friday when a letter from cabot arrived not quite sure how to reply Cabot regarding this alleged account as BC have not provided a enforceable CCA.

Can anybody help comply a letter to Cabot regarding this alleged account.

SHould I send another CCA request with £1 P.O. to Cabot

They are asking me to contact them to arrange a payment plan

I think the ruling last November 2009 by Scottish Sheriffs about the claimant either having to show or "aver" they have an enforceable CCA might protect you? - see Ida's earlier thread on this.

Funnily enough I've had exactly the same from Cabot very recently - loads of recent calls out of the blue to my (company) mobile. I spoke to them and they actually have an address which I haven't ever lived at. They won't tell me who the OC is and claim I owe THEM (not an OC) the money - but won't give me any more details unless I give them a current address - and a non business phone number (AYE - RIGHT!).

I have refused to give them this - and have told them any OC should know where I live - but they say they'll just continue to ring my company mobile unless I give them other contact info. However I'm a bit worried of ending up with a CCJ (or Scottish equivalent) since any court papers sent to a wrong address won't get to me - a tactic seemingly frequently adopted by Bryan Carter/Frederickson/Egg?

Does anyone know if Cabot use the same tactics?

I know I could probably get any such judgement set aside if they use a wrong or out of date address - but what about my refusal to give them an up to date address and home phone number? Would this prejudice my chances of getting it set aside?

Would the Nov 2009 ruling on them "averring" they have an enforceable agreement perhaps stop it going to court at all?

I've also got a couple of older debts fast approaching the Scottish 5 year SB date. - and this might relate to one of these. Would any court judgement before the 5 years are actually up prejudice this SB protection even though I've made no payments or admitted the debts for (nearly) 5 years at present? I intend to sit it out until after 5 years if I can, but Cabot might screw this up if they act fast enough.

If Cabot are contacting loads of new debtors then it might suggest they've bought up some old (unenforceable?) debts. Anyone else add weight to this theory? Who was your OC?

Any advice please as to how I should proceed with Cabot right now?

BD

£50k saved and £7k charges refunded:

MBNA & A&L 35% F&F direct - saved £23k. Birmingham Midshires £1700 charges refunded

Abbey Loan/BCW 50% - saved £2k. Barclaycard/CSL 40% - saved £6k

Monument/DCA 35% - saved £1k. LTSB/Wescot 50% - saved £4k

HBOS Visa £5k charges refund via Blair Oliver Scott

RBS Direct Line/(genuine) solicitors June 2010 40% - saved £3k

Morgan Stanley/Aktiv Kapital £11k SB Nov 2010

Over £40k balance write off and charges refunds to fight for:

HBOS O/d Charges £5k. Egg Loan/Aktiv Kapital CCA Dispute £8k

Egg Card/Fredrickson taking £5 monthly but CCA & Charges Dispute £4k

Goldfish/1st Credit DN/TN Dispute £9k. Capital One/CSL charges claim £4k

Barclaycard/CSL taking £5 monthly on £10k debt

I hope I have helped - if I have please hit my star - and recognise the others who have helped too.

Bigdebtor

Hi BF

Not too sure how you should tackle this one,

hopefully somebody more experienced could chip in.

My OC is Barclaycard.

I just won a case in the scottish courts in September

part of my defence was regarding the new scottish Act of Sederant law for the Sheriff Court

where the creditor has to aver to there being a enforceable CCA

my case was against Creation Finance and they did not aver in their particulars of claim on the citation

so with lots of help from Seriouslyfedup,

Ida on here we sent them away with their tail between their legs.

Cheers

AFW

Can't comment on how cabot work.#

the 'averrment' doesn't stop them as still most people don't respond to the court papers but it gives you a complete defense up here.

yes court action before the 5 years would stop a debt becoming SB'd.

I would just ignore the calls if you can, some mobiles you can automatically get the equivalent of call barring i.e. my phone i can just block a number that i have recieved or missed a call from.

If they have a completly wrong address then as long as they cannot link it to a correct one then it shouldnt show on your credit report

sorry for hijack afw

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Be My Guest Ida, Your more than welcome. Told BD someone with more knowledge would chip in. Where would we be without you and others on here.

I shall keep you all posted on Cabot's next step with me.

Thanks Ida.

Cheers

AFW

afw..............only OK on the basics in Scotland........... Ida is your best bet.............good luck......FS

Hello everyone

have not been on here for several weeks,

my husband has been very poorly and in hospital

so it has been a worrying time (helath wise)

and I had to put BC Cabot and everyone else on back burner as his health comes first...

Husband is home now and a bit better than he was...

so time to tackle the the debts again.

I explained above BC had sent me T & C's for my request for a CCA and Ida kindly advised me this was unenforceable..

....that was some time ago and now cabot are chipping in

I did send a letter to Cabot explaining this and they did reply putting account on hold unitl they could send CCA.

Well we have now received a letter with a few photo copies from BC which I shall post up for you all to see,

inspect and give me your valuable opinion as

now cabot are reallly going to bombard me as BC will obviously tell them they have sent me a copy of my CCA.

Below is copies of what we received:

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Page 5

Page 6

Page7

Can anybody please help me write a letter of reply to BC and Cabot as at the present time my head is not up to complying a letter too much worry my head just spins and doesn't know when to stop.

Any help would be gratefully recieved.

Cheers

AFW

just to confirm from what i can see, they have baically sent you blank terms and conditions whuch do not have your details on?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Cheers Ida...

Youv'e come up trumps again. Letter on its way tomorrow. Weather absolutely crazy here whats it like in FIfe land You have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Cheers

AFW

Back to diggin out again today grrrr.

Have a good one yourself and all the best for 2011

Ida x

Thot I would pitch in here as BC have just assigned me to Carboot as well. Like everyone I got the usual "Welcome to Cabot" letter, so by reply they got a letter stating that a photopied letter with BC's address etc on it and my name typed in really wasnt a letter of assignment - particularly as it came from Carboot and not from BC. They also got told that the account was in serious dispute as

1. the last time I CCAd them they sent me a computer dump of T&Cs with my name and address at the top - basically the docs cited above, but they put my name on it.
  2. the previous time they did actually come up with the application form (I know its an application form because it said so at the top) but with not a single prescribed term on it (though it did have my sig on it). Remember BC were so impressed with this bit of paper that they sent me the pile of rubbish referred to above later on.

Having assured me that they would be looking to collect, they flogged me off to Carboot. Thankfully no phone calls and no reply - at the time of writing this - to my letter, but I will keep you all up to date if things should move along.

Innumerable numbers afw (I think we could call you INA FW? Or just INA) Ida's advice is good - basically its what I have done.

Hope everyone has a really god Christmas and I wish consternation to our enemies

Hi

Sent letter to Cabot and BC that Ida posted in post #13 above according to to Royal Mail site BC got theirs but no sign of any signature for Cabots copy.

Would it be advisable to send another copy or wait and see, a bit scared incase they didn't get it and take court action.

Like the abbreviations SFU - INA Af or INA sounds good.

Would like to change my name on here, but don't think its allowed. It has innumerable numbers but at the time of registration my brain was doing henners and I couldn't think of anything else.

Hope everyone had a Great Festive Season and Ida hope you have stopped your digging, however don't put they shovels away as I hear its on its way back soon.

Cheers

AFW or INA FW or INA

If you sent this with proof of delivery, then I think you would be within your rights to ask why it doesnt appear to have been delivered, or at least not signed for.

From the dark recesses of my mind I seem to remember that MBNA enjoyed a certain notoriety for not signing for their mail. I am not sure how that ever resolved itself, or if it did. BUT, if Cabot are doing the same - just refusing to sign - then sending another would be good money after bad. I would start off with the post office - something must have happened to the letter - either Cabot took it without a sig, or its in a sorting office. In the latter event, you would have evidence that you tried to make contact and the failure was down to them.

Following my earlier post (below) Cabot have now written to me at my current address - but give no details other than their own account no - nothing about who the OC is or the amount owed. Since I have never dealt with them then surely I can assume this has been sent in error and just ignore it until things get heavier? I only have 4 months to go until one account is SB - if it's this one they're chasing up and I ignore their letters will this prevent me from being protected by SB?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?281567-Cabot-Harrassemnt-Please-help&p=3187319&viewfull=1#post3187319

BD

MBNA & A&L 35% F&F direct - saved £23k. Birmingham Midshires £1700 charges refunded

I hope I have helped - if I have please hit my star - and recognise the others who have helped too.

Bigdebtor

why dont you ask them for a copy of the agreement, as even post Waksman at the very least it would have to say who the parties to the agreement were - you and whoever the OC might have been. It might be worthwhile adding - "if you are considering court action" - as, if they do go for court action they would need to at least aver that it exists. Remember Cabot work out of England - whoever answers your letter probably wont know this funny Scottish requirement. Either way, it seems to me that you cant lose - they fess up they dont have this (so complete defence) or come up with something (so you see who the OC was, what its all about and what they have got).

My understanding is that the only two things that can prevent an account becoming SB is that you acknowledge it (and I think this means financially - ie make a payment - so in your letter make very clear that the one pound you enclose IS ONLY THE FEE CHARGED FOR THE COPY OF THE DOCUMENT AND NOTHING ELSE - I got a letter from Cabot about a BC account for which i sent £1 for a copy of the agreement and they have credited it to the account) or court action. I dont really see replying to a letter as acknowleding a debt, especially if the tenor of your letter is "I dont know what you are on about". Might be an idea to include "I do not acknowledge any debt to your company" and "without prejudice".

Edited by seriously fed up

SFU

Good advice - thanks!

I was thinking of doing this - but only after they get tougher - and I suspect they will send a few more "nice" letters first - hopefully not too quickly or often so the SB period can kick in first.

Any disadvantage in waiting like I plan to do?

BD

Bigdebtor

no obvious reason. About the only thing that i could think of is that while they have to aver that the agreement exists, its almost certainly the case (at the very least) that many of them take court action knowing full well they dont have this. If their bluff is called they just abandon. Asking for a copy now would winkle them out if they dont have it - on the other hand they might put your £1 to the account, say that this is acknowledgement (its not - its the prescribed fee for a copy, so if they put it to your account that was their doing, and not yours) so the clock for SB starts all over again. Hard one. I would wait and see and act accordingly. If they go to court, I think that resets the SB clock anyway - but you could then get a copy of what they have through the court anyway. My guess is that they will make a lot of noise/ threats and then run away.

Big Debtor, I would wait and see what they send you next. the least someone can reasonably expect in a letter saying they owe money is where the debt originates from. Without that its's only fit for the bin. Been dealing with them for a couple of years now. They deal with thousands of accounts and yours is just one of many they are chasing. They are a big machine and don't normally turn round fast. Unless you owe a very large amount its unlikely they'll move fast, as they'll need to use a Scottish legal firm and that eats into their profits, especially if you defend.

Cheaper for them to try and use their traditional means of persuasion by bombarding your phone with calls every day from different phone numbers. Don't speak or answer the phone calls ever.

SFU and VW

Thanks for that. They only have my work number and went away with a flea in their ear as they kept phoning it - and we have a computer record of all incoming calls - so we told them we would report them for harassmanet. My own phoine is ex directory anmd they don't have my own moblie number either - so their only option is to write. The debt approaching SB in May is around £11k - so pretty big and probably quite high priority for them to chase? I have not shown it in my signature below in case it alerted anyone to try to trace me.

If I need to ask for details (if things get heavy) then I was first of all going to do a "I don't know you from Adam - please supply all relevant info to prove you have been assigned a debt in my name by the OC" letter. Since this WON'T produce a signed agreement copy then, from what I've read, a CPUTR 2008 letter is better than just a CCA request with £1 - which would just get the reconstituted guff in return. Can I go straight for this? Does CPUTR 2008 apply in Scotland?

BD

Bigdebtor

Well

I spoke too soon. Somehow they've got my phone number despite it being ex directory an dhave sent details of what they are chasing, which is an old Barclaycard debt which CSL gave up on about a year ago. They claim they've bought it but predictibly have not sent any evidence to prove it.

They rang me 4 times yesterday and when I said I would not discuss things by phone they said they would continue ringing until I did discuss it.

I plan to send the following letter. Any suggestions/comments as to how to improve it are most welcome:

Dear Sirs

Ref:− Your letter of XX December 2010. Your Ref xxxxxxxxxxxx

I do not acknowledge any debt to your company

I refer to your letter dated dd/mm/yy and now formally request, under the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (specifically regulations 5 and 6) and the Office of Fair Trading Guidance on debt collection that you confirm whether you currently hold or have ever held a properly Executed Credit Agreement pertaining to the above account and if so please forward a copy to me by return.

If YOU DO NOT have a signed, properly executed Consumer Credit Act Agreement pertaining to myself, then I require written confirmation by return (CPUTR 2008 reg 5 and 6).

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act, creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with such a request.

Also, since you are a Debt Collection Agency, I would also ask that you supply a signed true copy of the executed deed of assignment for the above referenced agreement. This is an obligation, whether you are the original creditor or not, under section 189 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Non-compliance with my request is a criminal offence under the above Act and will result in a report being submitted to the relevant statutory authorities.

In summary, I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE THIS DEBT AND THEREFORE REQUIRE YOU TO SUBSTANTIATE THIS BY PROVIDING THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION BEFORE I CORRESPOND FURTHER :

1.True copy of original credit agreement

2.Statement of account

3.Copy of the executed deed of assignment from the original creditor

4.Fair Processing Notice.

As you are aware, a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the CCA and therefore is a complete defence to any court claim that is issued.

Take note at this stage, that any legal action you may contemplate will be both vigorously defended and contested.

Further to the above, please ensure that any contact by yourselves or any agent or associated company or organisation is made in writing only to the above address or by e-mail. Telephone calls and personal visits will not be accepted and viewed as harassment.

As this account is now in dispute, I would also draw your attention to The Banking Code section 13.6:-

We may give information to the Credit Reference Agencies about personal debts you owe us if:

·The Amount Owed is Not in Dispute.

The Office of Fair Trading provided a Code of Guidance that is in relation to Debt Collection: OFT 664 Response to consultation paper and final guidance on unfair business practices dated July 2003

Deceptive and/or Unfair Methods-

2.8 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:-

k. Not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt.

If you continue in your pursuance of this account I will have no other alternative than to report you to both The Information Commissioner and The Office of Fair Trading (OFT).

Furthermore, I shall submit a Consumer Credit Act 1974 complaint to the OFT upon the basis that you have failed to comply with the OFT's direction of 5 April 2006 and are therefore not a 'fit and proper person' to hold a consumer credit licence under the 1974 Act.

If you do not understand what this means then I would recommend you seek appropriate independent legal advice.

Yours faithfully

Big Debtor

Bigdebtor