Advice please

jjt2008

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3932 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recieved a letter today from 3g and lowell portfolio ltd stating i owe them £827.21 from 2005 , i did have a contract with them and i did default on a couple of months due to them adding excessive data charges to my account that i did not use , i asked them for help to dispute this which they would not , i even offered to pay the line rental and any call charges in the 2 months prior to the line being cut off but they refused to accept part payment , eventually this was sold on to a debt collector and i began paying a token payment of £5 per month i then got into quite severe financial hardship so had to cease making this payment , i sent a letter explaining but never heard anything , i honestly cant see me owing more than £80 realistically and im sure i paid £5 a month for about a year but there are no details of this with the letter sent today , im not sure what to do , im sure i dont owe them that money and i definatly was paying a different company a while back , do i contact them or not as this is like 5 years ago now

Guest Cartaphilus

If you aren't sure you owe this debt, just going from what you are posting here ... I will be back in a moment with something which may be useful.

Guest Cartaphilus

Actually, no I don't have time to post that letter for you, as I've got to go out. However, I am sure someone else here will be more helpful and provide it. I was thinking of the template letter for when a company writes to you about a debt you know nothing about.

i owe them £827.21

and this

cant see me owing more than £80 realistically and im sure i

Specifically in relation to that amount. From what you are saying, then you obviously don't owe them that amount hence the letter I suggested.

Guest Cartaphilus

However, I am now possibly thinking it could also be cancellation charges for the remainder of the contract. But somewhere in there will be the usual fees added when passed to the DCA.