CRS contacting me at work.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4930 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Just today one of the admin assistants where i work told me she'd received an automated message for me saying it was someone from CRS asking me to contact them, they gave a reference number and a contact number. This is embarrasing as i work as a community mental health nurse and its my place of employment, i also received the same message as a text to my work mobile phone. I do not want to contact them in case that is viewed as me acknowledging a debt.

I believe that the numbers were probably given by my ex partner many months (4years+) ago to a DCA.

Is there anyway that i can ensure that no more of these calls are made to my work numbers??

Thanks

Guest Cartaphilus

There is an easy way to stop them calling, and I am sure in the line of work you say you work in you are already familiar with it: Protection from Harassment Act and misuse of the Telcommunications Act. I believe there are a few letters in the template section of this forum relating to calls at work from DCAs/creditors.

It's also against OFT Guidelines, keep notes of these incidents, contact Trading Standards and tell them you are being Harrassed at work.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?493-Harassment-by-telephone-response-letter

Thanks for the replies, will check out the info.

The CRS website as a section about the 'new' technology they use and also what looks like a testimonial from the company that develops the technology. I suppose they could say they did not know it was a work number.

Again thanks for the response, will keep you all posted on outcome.

Just received another text with:

Mr.......

Our reason to attend your premises could be avoided by contacting our office urgently on 08445590104

Reference.....

Not sure if 0844 counts as a premium number according to OFT guidance.

Also could i send the letter template without including my own address?